Did that just happen?

Lipripper

Unreal....... The Nuckers sure looked chitty in the third.

Oh well... next year. And silver aint too bad
:(

They looked tired in the 3rd. Attempts to clear the puck out of the zone failed over and over. Turnovers were really bad!

They looked tired in the 3rd. Attempts to clear the puck out of the zone failed over and over. Turnovers were really bad!

Really really bad

Just got back from the hospital. Had to have my jaw re attached! That was embarassing!

-Steve
1.gif

Can you say CHOKE !!

After they put the third one in the celebration party started. Couldn't believe 1-2-3-4....5
:(

I figure the toungue lashing the coach spewed on that time-out came to little to late. He should have been all over those young guys in the second intermission.

They mowed over the Yanks then were up 3 - ****-sure - going into the 3rd. A recipe for disaster!

Shoulda' had Quinn behind the bench; he'd a seen it comin'...

He waited one goal to many to call the time out. He should have done it at 3-2 and settled them down then.

He waited one goal to many to call the time out. He should have done it at 3-2 and settled them down then.

Completely agree.

Here are a few things that I noticed.
  • The didn't play their physical game like they did against the US.
  • They were trying to be too fancy on the power play like everyone wanted to be on TSN's highlights of the night. Gain the zone......set up....work the puck around and look for the shots like they did on goals #1 and #3.
  • In the 2nd they just started to sit back with a fairly speedy Russian team.
  • Get the puck in deep....draw the 3rd man down low and put the puck back out to the point when some room opens up. They were spending too much time dancing in and trying to make the deek of the year. First period was notably different.
  • Why.........I repeat WHY did the coach put them through a fairly rigorous game day skate?? They hadn't had a game day skate ALL TOURNAMENT....why start now? It was very evident in the 3rd as they plain and simple looked tired...they had no hussle and Russia was beating them to the puck, along the boards etc.
  • The defense and coach hung the goalie out to dry in the 3rd. He was getting no support from his d-men.....who again......DID NOT PLAY THE PHYSICAL game. UGH!!!!
  • Poor coaching......as profisher noted above the coach should have calmed them down after goal #2 and not read the riot act after the 3rd goal.

Go Canucks. ;)

Could be wrong here but the conditioning of the Russians was better. They seemed to get better and faster as the game went on, while the Canadians went the other way. The Russians came back in the 3rd period in the last 3 games. It's difficult to be good if your legs are like lead, the other team will make you look real bad.

Back