Did anyone go to the Vancouver boat show?

Mighty Sylvan

I went for the day yesterday and had a good time. As always, I was shocked at the sticker prices of the boats. 23' Boston Whaler Conquest-$99,999 / 24' Grady White-$109,000. It just makes me wonder who buys these new. I liked the 33' Kingfisher and Yamaha had a great demo on their electronic throttles.

Got my eyes on the 30ft Robalo , twin 300's ,
only $199k ( Awesome layout , Gorgeous Cuddy )

: )

IMG00004-20110212-1529.jpg

IMG00006-20110212-1531.jpg

YES I went over on wed to watch the nuks lose then to the boat show where I proceed to question DOT, and Fisheries and aocean what is going on ..blah blah blah and a 1/2 hour later they really just dont get it.
Show was kinda cool dont think id go again maybe in bc place if it goes back???

Wolf

never drove a boat to the boat show so we gaver, parked over in coal harbour, sold sticker on the 3325 x 11? kingfisher,,, wow that was some rig, i think the sticker was 360k?, good thing someone beat me to it.. scotty's new rigger demo and info was good , time to start savin for the upgrade, bought some heads and re-newed subscription to the mag. got out spending less than 100 bucks. over-all not a bad show, good hardware and tackle and the fibreglass girlies where alright too..

Went over yesterday (Sunday) and enjoyed it, was a tad bit smaller than what I remember from the past, might just be the venue not sure, but we made it through quicker than anticipated. Some Beauty Boats there for sure, I definately liked the 33' Grady twin 350s only $325k (wow what a bargain;)) gotta win the lotto for that one.

FD that 30' Robalo is definately a REALLY nice boat, left a little bit of drool on it there.

While at the show we got a good deal on our Lowrance Structure Scan unit and accessories, so we left the show happy. Now the boat has to be ripped apart again, Just finished installing the Lowrance HDS-8 and then a Radar unit, 3rd times the charm, will be able to do it blindfolded here soon :p.

I went two nights. Talked to Capstan Marine on Friday and they said they'd sold several boats by then. Someone is buying new. I like the Robalo as well. Hopefully it'll start to sell here in BC. On the deals side, I did pickup 2 MR3's at $519 each from Nikka. Hard pressed to beat that price.

Not a bad price on the MR3's for retail...considering Nikka usually has them at $599...and MSRP is supposed to be $650.. although there were 2 new MR2's which just sold for $700 on Craigslist...just missed those ones. DOH!

The Robalo was ok......however...you get what you pay for......and Robalo had that boat there as "bait".

I noticed that there were some manufacturers who were notably "absent" from the show this year....Pursuit and Striper didn't bring game to the show.

Back