Too good to be true boat prices.

Mighty Sylvan

Craigslist Nanaimo has posted a late model 2006 Boston Whaler Conquest yesterday and a 2005 Grady White the day before each for $13000. Sounds to good to be true.

Mighty Sylvan
reply to the add and you will get a response from Sally Hople.

"The boat is in perfect working condition, the interior and exterior look great, no mechanical problems.
The title is clean and clear. The price is $13,000 and it includes delivery and the trailer. I am letting it go because I've moved to England and importing it here would cost too much. The boat is currently in Yukon Territories in custody of a shipping company, ready to be delivered to its new owner. I will only sell it through eBay Motors because they will handle the payment in a way in which both of us are secure."

Sally Hople
© 2011 Institute of Education
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL
United Kingdom
www.ioe.ac.uk

check it out on google and you will seethe scam that it is!

Bruce

This is a scam. Previously, they advertised to sell a Grady-White, also for $13,000. I requested some information and I received the same reply. This boat is advertised on a great number of Craig List sites. The best thing to do is to flag it as a scam.

I checked on the grady too, just in case
remember if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!

I checked on the grady too, just in case
remember if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!

If you do a search on CL for boats at 13000 you will see a few of these SCAM boats listed all at the same price not just Boston or Grady. I guess there is still people inquiring about the boats as the ads are still there. Don't reply and he goes away.

Craigs list has always been high risk and it is not just boats and trucks/cars but lots of other stuff such as high end laptops. If your buying don't even consider it if they are not local and you can't meet with them.

If you are selling a high value small item meet them in a public place such as a coffee shop. Increasingly people are getting robbed of high value items such as diamond rings etc. when they try to sell them; although Vancouver seems to be worse than Victoria.

Back