DFO screwed up again!

Wouldn't common sense dictate that when making a decision of this magnitude that any person or group of people, like Fisheries, would error on the side of caution when it comes to natural resources like fish stocks? Wholly cow, this is not rocket science folks, its just common sense.

Wouldn't common sense dictate that when making a decision of this magnitude that any person or group of people, like Fisheries, would error on the side of caution when it comes to natural resources like fish stocks? Wholly cow, this is not rocket science folks, its just common sense.

Who actually keeps those dark dogs in late oct anyway???We all knew there was a major problem well over a monthe ago??Im sure the hatch will get there egg take anyway!

Who actually keeps those dark dogs in late oct anyway???We all knew there was a major problem well over a monthe ago??Im sure the hatch will get there egg take anyway!

I cant beleive I pay their wages... There has to be somthing people can do to get these fools out of power. This isnt the first f#$k up DFO has made in that region. Do we have to wait until all salmon are extinct before somthing is done?

I cant beleive I pay their wages... There has to be somthing people can do to get these fools out of power. This isnt the first f#$k up DFO has made in that region. Do we have to wait until all salmon are extinct before somthing is done?

Just out of curiousity do you work for D.F.O Fish-Rite I really dont understand what your saying in your post

Just out of curiousity do you work for D.F.O Fish-Rite I really dont understand what your saying in your post

quote:Originally posted by ChromeSweetChrome

Do we have to wait until all salmon are extinct before somthing is done?

Maybe. They've already allowed the destruction of the Nahmint run in Alberni Inlet. Those were huge butt Springs. I can remember going down Alberni inlet in the 1970's when seine boats and their nets were 3 deep and stretched across the entire inlet. It was disgusting. [xx(]

Maybe. They've already allowed the destruction of the Nahmint run in Alberni Inlet. Those were huge butt Springs. I can remember going down Alberni inlet in the 1970's when seine boats and their nets were 3 deep and stretched across the entire inlet. It was disgusting. [xx(]

i don't think anyone here has a clue what they're talking about. the catch numbers are all agreed upon at meeting which non of you have gone to so you really have no say. comercial fleets only took what they are allowed to take. they never went over the numbers. sport took lots of fish this year too. the only ones who took more then their fair share was the natives.(who still have nets in the river) maybe the salmon festival should have been cut off this year. that takes a fair share of fish. just a thought. you can't blame this all on one fleet. everything contributed! p.s. who's going to the hatchery tomorrow for the open house?

i don't think anyone here has a clue what they're talking about. the catch numbers are all agreed upon at meeting which non of you have gone to so you really have no say. comercial fleets only took what they are allowed to take. they never went over the numbers. sport took lots of fish this year too. the only ones who took more then their fair share was the natives.(who still have nets in the river) maybe the salmon festival should have been cut off this year. that takes a fair share of fish. just a thought. you can't blame this all on one fleet. everything contributed! p.s. who's going to the hatchery tomorrow for the open house?

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

this is true! and this is why seins can't be allowed to fish anymore. they kill everything!

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

this is true! and this is why seins can't be allowed to fish anymore. they kill everything!

Darmin work for dfo??What the hell are you talking about man??Im a bait slingin gear chuckin hardcore c'mon!the hatchery takes 8 million eggs i believe for chinook so out of 14000 they should get there eggs anyway??Dont start with the wild in river spawners those were done years ago!!Its a hatchery stream that costs a crap load too run so they dont want 50000 dark boots in the river for snaggers to beat on!!Thats not why they raise these fish i wish it were!The fact you cant keep nooks now shouldnt matter what ya gonna do with an old spawner anyway darmin?

Back