DFO & Halibut Allocations.

M

Mr. Dean

From reading CA's thread http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5177&SearchTerms=Halibut
I see that most here should be on the 'up' of what our federal govt is wanting to do.

I'd like to say that I do agree with CA that the ideals behind this movement are ALL ABOUT allocations; albeit I do agree with others also that even though this fishery is strong, it can't</u> last forever if things keep going as they are.

It's of my belief that the resource belongs to ALL Canadians and that access to it should be allowed as such. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that our leaders would even consider thinking about limiting as to what my family has searved on a dinner platter in order to feed someone else that doesn't even reside in this country (commercial exports).

If you haven't read the thread, please take the time and do so. It touches on several key issues of the fishery and makes for a good read.

This whole mess smells much the same as the recent Big Game Allocations that went under the knife by the provincial govt. The only saving grace that happened there was the # of residential hunters that took the time and got informed, then wrote well laid-out letters to the the MOE, politely telling them where to go with detailed points of reference to the proposed policy as examples of why they thought so.

I'd STRONGLY suggest that ALL fish-heads here, should take the time and get to know the BCWF and what they stand for. Then spend the $40 and member up.

Here's a link for the BCWF: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/index.html

And here's a link to view a copy of their latest correspondence about the Halibut fishery, to the Minister of Fisheries: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/documents/s=234/bcw1182625880109/

I for one am concerned that there hasn't been a response to this letter yet from the Ministry. It's getting old and I'd encourage other sport fishermen to simply write their MLA's and inguire as to why or what is causing the govt to drag their feet on it.

Thanks and good fishing.

Note;

In no way am I affiliated with the BCWF other than being a member. I do not sit on any committee or board. THIS POST IS NOT SPAM. It's merely reflection of a co-concerned... Angler. ;) :D

Thanks for the time - Dean.

Hey fellow members! How about antin up and support ourselves and our fishery.
In trust fah cups

I just did a re-read of my post and noted that I neglected to 'preach' that the reason why I'm so BCWF pro, is; They are THE voice that our govt recognizes as a representation of us common BC folk. If it wasn't for them, the world of the hunter would look VERY (read: scary) different NOW.

As I stated earlier. Do yourself a favour and take a look into the organization. It has a memberdhip of 30,000 + (IIRC) and each and every member more, ensures that there is one less nail in the coffin for our beloved past-times. They are all about conservation and not depleation.

Small Sea's.
Dean.

Back