DFO Fishing Survey

floored

Anyone else get "randomly picked" for the September survey? Somehow, I get "randomly picked" every year.
Normally I don't care (glad to help and all), but this year it's a bit onerous. Have a look at what needs to be tracked this year: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/irec-iarc/track_catch-saisie_prises-eng.pdf
It's funny that they say that using this form is not required, but.....you will need all this info to complete the survey. And what about identifying the species I release?! Sorry, but I don't take the time to identify the shakers and undersized ones, simply to increase the survival rate. Yes, I may notice what they are, but not always.
Anyway, I'm just tired of it. Anyone else?

Anyone else get "randomly picked" for the September survey? Somehow, I get "randomly picked" every year.
Normally I don't care (glad to help and all), but this year it's a bit onerous. Have a look at what needs to be tracked this year: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/irec-iarc/track_catch-saisie_prises-eng.pdf
It's funny that they say that using this form is not required, but.....you will need all this info to complete the survey. And what about identifying the species I release?! Sorry, but I don't take the time to identify the shakers and undersized ones, simply to increase the survival rate. Yes, I may notice what they are, but not always.
Anyway, I'm just tired of it. Anyone else?

Second year in a row for me. If they mailed out the forms I believe I could do
a better report. Survey is done by a private company IIRC. .......BB

I got August again and wife got picked for Sept....Very poor survey questionnaire! (my background is in statistical analysis/quality assurance/marketing)

I had February this year, and I think it was the same last year. I wasn't fishing much, but did some crabbing, so all that species ID was all water under the bridge. phewh! ya, pretty inconvenient. Something that would take some getting used to.

Well, at least I feel a little better. I'd still like to know why I know so many people that have never had to do it. I mean seriously, shouldn't our names be taken out of the hat until everyone has had the pleasure?

I have had 3 in the last 2 years. Half the time I can't remember the fish I've caught.

Well, at least I feel a little better. I'd still like to know why I know so many people that have never had to do it. I mean seriously, shouldn't our names be taken out of the hat until everyone has had the pleasure?
I wouldn't feel bad-it's a well know fact that they choose the best looking!! LOL

Back