Deep 6 Planer for Springs....

H

haverodwilltravel

Hi, I fish Little Qualicum as much as I can but I am quite limited because my inflatable isn't rigged with a downrigger. I normally drift fish jigging BuzzBombs and MacDeeps. I have had moderate success but sometimes when there aren't many fish I may have to troll. So if I troll, I think I will use a planer to get down. Therefore, a flasher is out of the question. I am relegated to troll with a Deep 6 planer and iether a plug or a spoon. Has anyone had much success fishing without a flasher or a dodger? And if so, what is more effective, a plug, or a spoon? Thanks

Have........... I fish areas in the Columbia River mouth, bays in Oregon including the Salt Water sometimes. I will use Deep Six divers or other brands of divers along with a KoneZone flasher followed by either bait, spinners, spoons or plugs. The amount of resistance is negligible and the attraction created by the flasher negates the need for an erratic action. When you say a flasher is out of the question you might not have tried the center spin types like the KoneZone. I use the flasher 90 % of the time with a diver to get it to the desired depth. The number of boats that are outfitted with down riggers is less than 3 % in Oregon. The water we fish is generally less than 100 feet. With a diver I will push these depths very often. Good luck and safe travels.:)

Back