DE Windshield Removal

Inchebe

I have an older Double Eagle.

The previous owner has done a below par repair on the windshield. I would like to remove it and assess options after that, I am however a little stumped as to how to disassemble and remove it. I am pretty sure its a simple thing, but any guidance on how to remove it would be great....

I also have an older DE
When I removed the window frames, all the fasteners was so corroded
Also the aluminum frame corroded too
Wasn't worth saving in my case

I have an older Double Eagle.

The previous owner has done a below par repair on the windshield. I would like to remove it and assess options after that, I am however a little stumped as to how to disassemble and remove it. I am pretty sure its a simple thing, but any guidance on how to remove it would be great....
Are you talking glass or the frame? I just took my glass out and put it back in. It was leaking between the glass and frame. When I pushed the glass out at the base and let it relax I could see the water go down and come back up. Also now it leaks at the center seam between the frames, I have to seal that up still.

Attachments

• PXL_20240216_002020116.jpg
    PXL_20240216_002020116.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240216_005455683.jpg
    PXL_20240216_005455683.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 23
Are you talking glass or the frame? I just took my glass out and put it back in. It was leaking between the glass and frame. When I pushed the glass out at the base and let it relax I could see the water go down and come back up. Also now it leaks at the center seam between the frames, I have to seal that up still.
In my case both

Thanks for the replies all, I ended up removing the entire windshield and will be building something custom

The frame is in relatively good condition and I will be putting it up for sale soon, but the nuts and bolts holding it down were badly corroded and at least half were snapped / cut out ..... for me it was a 2 man job and about 2 hrs worth of work, the challenge was using enough force to get it off without damaging the frame or the boat

Thanks for the replies all, I ended up removing the entire windshield and will be building something custom

The frame is in relatively good condition and I will be putting it up for sale soon, but the nuts and bolts holding it down were badly corroded and at least half were snapped / cut out ..... for me it was a 2 man job and about 2 hrs worth of work, the challenge was using enough force to get it off without damaging the frame or the boat
Pictures? Is it a basic windshield or is it a hard top?

if you are selling the glass separately I am interested, as my starboard side windshield glass has a crack in it.

Back