Cuts of meat on sale

Gotta say. I have bought very little meat in 20 years, turkey for holidays and when we used to eat at restaurants. Love BC, long seasons, OK limits, meat choices change with seasons, so many choice cuts walking around just waiting for some lead. Why would anyone want that hormone infected meat, but glad someone is keeping them factories producing.

Fresh white meat again now.

HM

Gotta say. I have bought very little meat in 20 years, turkey for holidays and when we used to eat at restaurants. Love BC, long seasons, OK limits, meat choices change with seasons, so many choice cuts walking around just waiting for some lead. Why would anyone want that hormone infected meat, but glad someone is keeping them factories producing.

Fresh white meat again now.

HM
I don't eat a lot of red meat. But when I do I want a big fat slob of a cow that hasn't moved much in its short lazy life. Delicious.

I don't eat a lot of red meat. But when I do I want a big fat slob of a cow that hasn't moved much in its short lazy life. Delicious.
I really am glad there are more like you RC. Can you imagine how packed the bush would be if it got out how good the wild ones taste. Ha ha Also cant imagine having the disease like me, all those big fat skulls and skins adorning your walls. Enjoy that force fed fat red or white meat. :)

HM

I really am glad there are more like you RC. Can you imagine how packed the bush would be if it got out how good the wild ones taste. Ha ha Also cant imagine having the disease like me, all those big fat skulls and skins adorning your walls. Enjoy that force fed fat red or white meat. :)

HM
I do hunt. My family just doesn't prefer the taste of game meat. I appreciate all those that do provide for their families that way though. When I go hunting with my group now I tend to shoot grouse and rabbits to eat in camp. I share a bit of the deer and moose when we get one but I'll be pretty selective about killing my own these days.

Thinking of making /smoking some beef jerky. Safeway has Sirloin Tip on sale until the 24th for $3.99 lb/ $8.80 kg on the mainland as well as many locations throughout the province. A couple $$$ less than Costco.

Thinking of making /smoking some beef jerky. Safeway has Sirloin Tip on sale until the 24th for $3.99 lb/ $8.80 kg on the mainland as well as many locations throughout the province. A couple $$$ less than Costco.
interesting I'm looking at the n.van park and tilford flyer and it has them for 5.99/lb, a week or so ago the save-ons had some in store brisket sales for 3.99lb or so and I went to my store and they had brisket as an in store sale for $2 more a pound (5.99) than what others were getting in langley etc , I should have said something as they usually match but I just took a pass. I guess they think because we live here we can afford more, pisses me off.

interesting I'm looking at the n.van park and tilford flyer and it has them for 5.99/lb, a week or so ago the save-ons had some in store brisket sales for 3.99lb or so and I went to my store and they had brisket as an in store sale for $2 more a pound (5.99) than what others were getting in langley etc , I should have said something as they usually match but I just took a pass. I guess they think because we live here we can afford more, pisses me off.
Picked up 2 sirloin tips this morning for $13.99 and $12.88 . Receipt said I saved a total of $39.61 for the 2 packages.
Only problem had to patiently fight off the mob. Lol. See it's available in Nanaimo on the flyer as well.

Picked up 2 sirloin tips this morning for $13.99 and $12.88 . Receipt said I saved a total of $39.61 for the 2 packages.
Only problem had to patiently fight off the mob. Lol. See it's available in Nanaimo on the flyer as well.
I looked at the nanaimo flyer and all I see is 5.99 lb for AAA sirloin roast, I looked at a few flyers and can't find anything at 3.99lb, was it grade AAA?

page 1 of 16. AAA grade Sirloin tip
thanks, I was having a brain fart and looking at save-on not safeway :oops: I refuse to shop at safeway, haven't for years, so many times I went there in the past for deals in their flyers only to find they didn't have any and couldn't get a rain check, f them as far as I'm concerned, I take the flyer to save on and they will match it.

For those in the Victoria area, Red Barn has big red peppers on for $1.49/lb. I know this is not meat but I thought people might be interested. I am going to buy 20 lbs and do a batch of pickled peppers tomorrow, since the damned wind won’t stop blowing long enough to go fishing. A slice of pickled pepper along with a slice of cold smoked salmon....mmmmm!!

Back