Cuts of meat on sale

For those in the Victoria area, Red Barn has big red peppers on for $1.49/lb. I know this is not meat but I thought people might be interested. I am going to buy 20 lbs and do a batch of pickled peppers tomorrow, since the damned wind won’t stop blowing long enough to go fishing. A slice of pickled pepper along with a slice of cold smoked salmon....mmmmm!!
Definitely interested thanks for the heads up:) 20# wow! thought we were doin good with 3 jars of sweet banana , gr8 stuffed with smoked salmon dip !

Attachments

• 20171025_104547.jpg
    20171025_104547.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 17
Safeway has brisket for $3.49/lb for whole ones, $5.00/lb for smaller trimmed pieces. I took at least 4lbs of trim off a 15 lber.
I have a piece slowcooking in the oven now. Osso Bucco style.
I think I'll I'll let it cool, then slice it after 3 hours, then finish for 2-3 more hours tomorrow afternoon.

Quality Foods Port Alberni - Prime Rib AAA Roasts 9 something per pound:

cg717gs.jpg

So my wife picks the two that grab her attention , instantly noticed wrong label , on one , asked the Butcher could you please put the correct price on ! (peeled back)

Attachments

• 20210401_175410.jpg
    20210401_175410.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 20210401_175357.jpg
    20210401_175357.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 183
Whole beef tenderloins at Superstore till this Thursday. 10.88lb. Super easy to deal with after watching youtube! Lol.
I bought 1 of those on sale at ss about a year or so ago, never again! I ending up chucking about 1/2 of it after trying it 2 or 3 times. I buy them at costco if I want a whole one, good and consistant product.

I'm really looking forward to that AAA brisket from superstore again. I pulled the last chunk out of the freezer that I had already smoked and made sandwiches this weekend. I steam it to heat it up, man was it delicious.

I'm really looking forward to that AAA brisket from superstore again. I pulled the last chunk out of the freezer that I had already smoked and made sandwiches this weekend. I steam it to heat it up, man was it delicious.
I have 2 frozen briskets in the freezer . Actually have a few big chunks of meat in there with all the deals posted here . Just gotta start finding time to eat/smoke it

Back