Cuts of meat on sale

Hey Matt don’t you prefer shoulder for sausage? I even add back fat to shoulder. Always found the leg too lean, especially with commercial pork.

It all depends on the sausage being produced. For brats, I generally prefer the shoulder. But, having butchered a farm pig this fall, I have a fair amount of straight fat to donate to the cause. So, by running that in with the somewhat leaner hind, I get more volume that is exactly the same quality overall.
And I have a few recipes that I don't want overly fatty pork in, and these work very well for that.

Having one of the farm pig hams this very night - once I get finished vacuum sealing~ 500 pieces of Gummy Bears Candy that is...

Cheers,
Nog

And they are out of date today! Not a big deal for some but I am pretty picky about chicken.
That date is for the stores liability use . Some people swear by aging wild, domestic birds as the flavor become more tastier and tender . I agree with you should be careful with uncooked poultry and contaminates on surfaces that may end up in our or others mouths from aging birds. At 6$ a bird I am sure not many people could resist if they saw the target they were hunting.

Coop in Brentwood Bay is advertising Brisket @ $3.99 a lb and Thrifties @ about the same. Not sure if it’s AAA.

I checked the flyer for a n.van save on and also just the brisket in the meat section online and it doesn't show on sale, it says in-store, so looks like they mean it. I will swing buy the one close to me tonight when it's less crowded and check for it.
2.99 in Langley . Grabbed one for the freezer

These have been in Langford for a while. cut some deadly chops off rubbed in coarse mustard n coriander, barbequed, froze the remainder for roast mmmm !

Attachments

• 20210213_134709.jpg
    20210213_134709.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210213_134722.jpg
    20210213_134722.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 34
Back