Cuts of meat on sale

Had anyone asked the meat dept if they have a full 4 bone? I only seen 2 bone and singles.

Picked up this one today. Got eight steaks out of it around 7/8” thick. We don’t 2” noggin it here. Left lots of meat on the bones to do something else with later and also because I was being rushed from the wife.

Sticker price was $109 and it came to $73 I think

Also, the new save on food in coquitlam is amazing. Looked like they serve craft beer. And they sell wine and had wine tasting throughout the store.

Attachments

• 8BE688FF-0FAF-4942-AFD1-ED3DA4CE8A68.jpeg
    8BE688FF-0FAF-4942-AFD1-ED3DA4CE8A68.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 46
Thanks! First time I have smoked/reverse seared one on the Kamado. Had 6 guys over and the reviews were great, definitely will do it again the same way, was actually dead easy.
My go-to on my Primo. I don't use any additional wood or chips for smoke though. Just clean charcoal.

My go-to on my Primo. I don't use any additional wood or chips for smoke though. Just clean charcoal.

I only used a small amount of apple about a cup full of wet chips at the begining, which was just a nice light smoke hint. I find hickory and others often too much.

Thanks! First time I have smoked/reverse seared one on the Kamado. Had 6 guys over and the reviews were great, definitely will do it again the same way, was actually dead easy.
Think the kamado is my next bbq toy. Have a feeling the traeger will be not used as much.

I have had one of these for about 13 years, can not be beaten, no need to wrap…. A bit pricey though…

Attachments

• D1E7AF54-CFDE-4F2A-9F1F-9DCCC695349D.jpeg
    D1E7AF54-CFDE-4F2A-9F1F-9DCCC695349D.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 46
Is it a pain in the butt dealing with the burnt material and setup getting it lit?
Like the ash from spent charcoal? Not at all. High quality charcoal leaves very little. I actually fill mine up with a 25lb bag and keep re-lighting it as needed. It extinguishes quickly and burns efficiently because it's so air tight. You can open the bottom vent and scrape out what ash falls through the grates from below. Then a few times a year I take the whole liner out and vacuum everything clean.

Like the ash from spent charcoal? Not at all. High quality charcoal leaves very little. I actually fill mine up with a 25lb bag and keep re-lighting it as needed. It extinguishes quickly and burns efficiently because it's so air tight. You can open the bottom vent and scrape out what ash falls through the grates from below. Then a few times a year I take the whole liner out and vacuum everything clean.
Gotcha. So you just shut off the air and let it burn out? Then can re light it next time basically?

I have blown away how easy is to set temperatures by just adjusting a few vents. Burns super efficient and I just use the shop vac and give it a clean out once in awhile.

Back