CTOW Victoria reviews

Earl

I am considering a C-Tow membership and am located in the Victoria area. Does anyone have an experience using their services? The reviews online are very limited and quite poor…

I have zero experience with C-Tow and more than enough experience coming home on the kicker. Since I need the kicker for my attempts at fishing, I consider it my free membership in a 'towing' service. I hope never to need more.

insurance will cover up to 3 tows per year i believe. i didnt bother with C-Tow for that reason. i had a membership one year but i never ended up using their services anyway.

Last edited:
insurance will cover up[ to 3 tows per year i believe. i didnt bother with C-Tow for that reason. i had a membership one year but i never ended up using their services anyway.
Can I ask who you are using for insurance?

I have been a happy member to C- Tow for 5 Years and needed their help twice.

One time my raw water pump failed while on a cruise, they told me if I could find the part locally in Sydney they would pick it up and deliver it to me on Saltspring Island, source the part and 2 hours later the captain handed me the part on the dock, no charge as I am a member.

Second time my fuel pump packed it in and had to be towed, I waited for 2 hours and they came and towed me back to home marina 2 hours away again no cost to me. I am a big supporter of their service and recommend it.

Generally most marine insurance policies covers emergency towing with no deductible. Better $500 emergency tow than way more than that on a sunken/wrecked right-off.

I would recommend a tow over a jump start if you do use them. Was drifting at the Gap and battery was too weak to start the motor. CTow came over and offered a free jump for non member which we tried. No luck and motor didn't even try to start. Then CTow charged for a tow back to Cattle Point. Ran home and popped a fresh battery in and motor fired up. Had shop check the motor and a fuse was blown. Certain that CTow got the jumper cables backwards at their end because two of us checked our end. Suspect lack of training or just poorly marked equipment for the CTow operator over intentionally crossing the cables to force us to pay for a tow but it was definitely a very disappointing experience.

Back