Crab trap style

Kildonan

A friend of mine got this crab trap for her birthday. I've never seen one like this but I am far from a crab trap expert. Do any of you use this style and do they work okay?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368383902.411924.jpg

They work ok except that the crabs get stuck in the netting and tend to tear the netting. I would only use them if I had no other space to carry a stainless mesh one or one of the cheap bar type. They do catch crab though.

There ok but don't use bait the seals and otters like they will also raid the trap with the big hole at the top. My bro bought a few from them at the show a few years back. He won't use them anymore my stainless traps out fished it 20-1

There ok but don't use bait the seals and otters like they will also raid the trap with the big hole at the top. My bro bought a few from them at the show a few years back. He won't use them anymore my stainless traps out fished it 20-1

I would a agree SS crab pots out fish them 20 to1 ...that is why the commercial guys use them... :)

i have a folding crap trap like that only half the size with one door only, didn't realize when i bought that it was intended for use in a kayak , them jolly good trap are not cheap but i would fear for the bait, any salmon in there would probably get snatched up by a seal pretty easy.

the square type trap at chandler seems to have worked the best for me over the years, cant go wrong with four doors for the crabs to crawl thru.. plus the new ones for 29.99 have a door on top for sorting your catch.

Back