Courtney O continued!!!

V

vince gee

Lets continue this thread until us gear guys get an apology from the big man for his rude,boorish behaviour!!!

Yes,many of you are very correct;I do owe some an apology for my rudeness,boorishness and selfishness..you see,I too enjoy Steelhead fishing to a point of foolishness at times. But I have not lost focus on the main issue here...it is not about you or I or Sleds or gear types...it is about the fish.
Thanks for all the attention ,perhaps when you get to your favorite fishing spot you will look a little closer about you,pick up a bit of debris left by someone"accidentally!",and wave to the boats.
I will continue to work very hard to ensure a future fishery for all in both Salt and Fresh waters,and if lucky have great interactive discussions with some of you at the many meetings occuring throughout the entire year. And by the way,I voted against a total bait ban !!

We all need to take a look at are behaviors then ask ourselves are we doing are part to ensure there are fish for the future

Well said Darmin...at times it is difficult to consider those creatures about (even fellow fishers),I have made it a policy to wave at other anglers and chat when possible...this has led to a behavior change with respect.
Tight lines

Wow! Court is that you? I do hope you are sincere about your attitude adjustment. I also apologize for my past note directed to you although you did open the door by naming me as being both foolish and stupid. Hopefully the hatchet can be lost to this user group issue. All of us need to just live and let live regardless of personal opinions or preferences.
I’ve heard that some companies are considering to drop their adds from Island Angler paper. My apologies Andrew. I appreciate you publishing my letter and hope that this issue has not hurt your business. If Courtney cleans up his articles a little I’m sure everybody will continue their adds.
Someone emailed me this and perhaps you already are aware of this stuff. There are many more important biological factors controlling the fish stocks. Catch and release roe fishing is not going to cause the demise of the steelhead species.
Someone emailed me this and perhaps you already are aware of this stuff. I found it very interesting. We all need to come together and direct are ambitions to finding solutions that will truly protect our beloved fish from the environmental issues that will continue to threaten them.

River bed covered with rock snot - Courtesy, M. Bothwell

If you're a fan of a good mystery, you'll love the story of Didymosphenia geminata. This freshwater alga is so small, you can't see it with the naked eye. And for almost two centuries, it was thought of as a species endemic to the northern hemisphere that never did anyone any harm. But almost twenty years ago, Vancouver Island became the epicentre of an outbreak of algae blooms that covered the bottoms of rivers in a thick, slimy blanket, which people called "rock snot". Dr. Max Bothwell, a freshwater ecologist with Environment Canada in Nanaimo, BC, was called in to investigate. But after years of research, he found no explanation for the dramatic blooms. It wasn't until 2004, when he got a call from New Zealand reporting their own rock snot invasion, that some missing pieces of the puzzle started to emerge. When he looked more closely at some of the pristine locations this alga seemed to favour, they appeared to be the same locations favoured by a growing community of globetrotting fly fishers. What's more, around the time these algal blooms started to appear, fly fishers were routinely starting to sport waders with felt soled bottoms - which are perfect transportation vessels for microorganisms. But fly fishers dragging algal spores around the globe only solves one part of the mystery. It is still not known why an endemic species suddenly started acting like an invasive one, as it did on Vancouver Island.

There are no "innocents" [:eek:)]

Is this the slime you're talking about? If it is, in this particular case, its highly unlikely that it's caused by anglers. I've been fishing it for 12 years, and never seen so much as a bootprint from another angler (and I'm no globetrotter[8D]).

PICT0003.jpg

Back