Cougar Creek lately

Hi everyone,

I have fished nootka often but have always launched from gold river. I was looking at hauling the truck camper and boat into Cougar Creek across from Critter Cove. Anyone been there lately?

Wondering if I could launch my 22 foot aluminum boat from there? or if better launching in Gold River?

Also, if camping at Cougar Creek. I am assuming it is all self sustained camping so I should bring a generator, etc if staying for any length of time?

thanks for any info,
ryan

Cougar is fantastic. But no power and the only fresh water is from the creek. I'm sure you could launch your boat there. I've launched my 16 DE there easily.

Take it slow or take bearings and various other parts with you. some idiots fly on that rd. that said, they are usually the jacks with the broken down busted axles and spindles.
You should have no problem launching on the right tide. You might want to take a dingy and anchor, the dock gets 3 or 4 boats wide and several other idiots climb all over your gear leaving others untied etc. The campground is nice and well kept, expect to stay at least a night or 2 in overflow. Some take in generators with freezers, we use salt ice huge coolers and covers to keep coolers cold. Never lost any of our fish. you do need to be self contained.

Store your fish where it is bear proof. Personally I would take the boat around by water and have someone drive the rig to the campsite. Leave the trailer in the ramp secured parking.

Last year we brought in/launched an 18 1/2 Hewes and a 22 trailer with no problem. Road was perfectly acceptable if you drive properly for conditions. Campground was very full so, as mentioned in other post, you may end up in overflow for a few nights (we didn't). You will also have to manage storage of your fish. Good luck.

Back