converting rollers to bunks

Prawny

Morning lads, Apologies for not being much of contributor on this forum, but i will try and do better in the future. I need a little guidance! A friend waiting for surgery is trying to ease up the cranking of his 542 Camion onto his roller trailer. Considering going to bunks. Would any of you have Campion 542 on a EZ loader trailer with bunks that I could take a look at to help with the conversion. I would like to take a couple of measurements and some photos. I am in the Comox Valley, Appreciate very much anyones help in this. With thanks, Prawny

Why would bunks be easier? Either system you could power up until it’s at the front roller and not have to crank the boat up

Thanks Corey, not into "powering on" have found with my boat 21 ft fibreglass with bunks I can float it on to within 3 ft of the winch and then an easy crank to the winch stop. Oh to be 25 again!!

Why would bunks be easier? Either system you could power up until it’s at the front roller and not have to crank the boat up
plus some launches don’t allow powering on. the dude that runs the discovery Launch in Campbell River has threatened banning guys for doing it.

there’s others too.

Sorry guys, certainly was not my intention to start a debate on the pro and cons of bunks and rollers, I'm sure we could fill the forum with opinion. Just asking some one with a bunk trailer under a Campion to trade beers for info. Maybe I forgot to mention a beer payment!

plus some launches don’t allow powering on. the dude that runs the discovery Launch in Campbell River has threatened banning guys for doing it.

there’s others too.
I know lots don’t allow it, but that doesn’t make bunks easier than rollers lol

Back