Converting from soft top to fiberglass

bloodbath

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can recommend a business in the Nanaimo area that would help convert my Campion soft top to a fiberglass top complete with brackets and rod holders?

Just looking at the cost of a new soft top vs. a fiberglass top.
Thanks.

http://www.bodyshopforboats.ca/
Give these guys a call. When I was still working we used them to do all the repair work on the fiberglass booms on our pole trucks. They did top notch work and the booms looked like new when they were finished.
Dave

e4uhy9et.jpg

I am getting one like this for my double eagle and the cost is around $800.

All stainless steel and the top part is removable with 4 pins.

No just as she sits. I just need to be out of the sun and rain.

Thank you for your quick reply! may I ask where you are getting this done?

My Campion looks to be about the same size-24 feet.

Bloodbath, what year and modle?
have you called campion I know they still had the accessory hardtop conversion available for my 622 a couple years ago
but that was more of an alaskan cabin style hardtop with side windows and such included
and boltonstainless.com in vernon does all their arches for them

I will watch this tread closely. I am designing a hardtop for my 18.6 DE, as stated on here before hate the water jet that hits me when in those big rollers/swells. Somehow always get in between windshield and soft top. I made an aluminum hardtop for my 17.6 15 years ago. It worked very well, even made trips to the bow safer. I will do the same again this time as I have the metal, will contract local to weld. I am interested in any details others have done, do not have the 2-5 grand for one stock unit. I want one I can stand up in, with hard sides and sliding windows, rod, net holders, place to store crab/prawn traps on top and maybe even a roof hatch, plus designed so original canvass back will still match and fit. I plan on using 1" square tubing inside and 2" for around outside bracing. Wish I could figure out how to add pics as I have some from the 17.6?? Sculpin, you look like a pro any tips for a rookie?

HM

Attachments

• P6300041.jpg
    P6300041.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 292
No, I have not contacted Campion yet-will do though.

I have a 1992 Campion Explorer 215-21 feet but have a pod so around 24 feet total.

Maybe Campion has some old stock left?

Back