Convert Lenco trim tabs to Bennett

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
It looks like my Lenco actuators are both fried. I think water got into them likely due to old seals. I now have the option of either replacing the actuators or swapping the whole thing to Bennett as Bennett offers a conversion kit for about the same price as new lenco actuators. Would you replace the actuators or go Bennett? Have any of you used the conversion kit? I thinking of going Bennett as I just don't like the idea of electric motors in saltwater.

I have Bennet tabs on my boat and have been happy and trouble free for 11 years-so I'm a fan-but there are a lot of Lenco tabs in Baja and If I,m correct they work on a screw jack principle with each tab having it's own separate motor. Trouble shot a 29ft Californian with Lenco tabs and while I was able to get them going (control switch was shot) remember thinking at the time that I would prefer hydraulics. Should mention -go on-line to Lenco-they have an excellent trouble shooting section-I don't know your situation but seems with their set-up that both tabs frying at the same time is very strange as they are independent. Just a thought as their switches are weak points

I put bennets on my last explorer and my Grady has factory installed bennetts
should tell ya something

I put bennets on my last explorer and my Grady has factory installed bennetts
should tell ya something
Not that I'm rooting for Lenco but Sea Ray and many high end Californian fishing boats come with Lenco's installed so that is not necessarily the be all and end all of what to get.

Not that I'm rooting for Lenco but Sea Ray and many high end Californian fishing boats come with Lenco's installed so that is not necessarily the be all and end all of what to get.

Just saying I put them on my last boat and loved them and if Grady can see fit to use them on their boats
I think the quality should be good, its a big heavy boat and they work great with no issues.

I just picked up a set of Bennett trim tabs for my boat. The whole kit (Model M80), was 519+ tax.
I'm still on the install process.

Back