Competitive Tackle Store (in Metchosin)

Karma-Kazi

How many of you guys would enjoy the benifits of having a tackle shop en-route to the local marina's in east sooke. With easy access for parking boats with trailers.

-Steve

as long as it had a cold beer and bait store lol:D

I like the idea, but having fished that area years ago, I think that most guys usually have the rig prepped and ready to go before they head out.

I'd think long and hard before I'd dump money into a tackle store in SVI, its already saturated and in 5 years we may not even have a summer fishing season at all.

I tackle shop could not survive on traffic to and from east sooke.
Needs a location that is accessible all the time.
You would have to sell an awefull lot of bait and coffee to pay yourself minimum wage and keep the door open.

Agreed that the tackle industry in Vic area is more than covered.

Tips

agree, you can't survive off drive by only business...even that is down to about 2 months of the year. I think the new shop in Colwood will find this out as well.

The thing about that kind of retail is that you have the typical 100 Golden Days and the rest of the time you're struggling.

And having only 30 days to pay for goods it might take much longer to move can make things tough-my advice is to forget the idea.

The lowest price available trumpes convience 9out of 10 times.Retail is no gravy train.Bankers have no sense of humour. my 2cents of experience.

fh327

Tough business I think .......bricks and morter retail has suffered because of the internet.
People will order online to save a nickle or shop at big box stores first.

Hooters style bait shop? That would get me in there:)

Ma Millers tried that and it got shot down......

Might as well shut the doors for the 6-8 cold months... It would save money.
As said.. saturated.

Back