Comox Valley Boat Builder Innocent

If the video showed he did nothing wrong then I guess he did nothing wrong. This whole valley was awash with rumors that the video showed he did, but when the actual footage shows he did nothing, who's to say the parents didn't influence what the kids said?. Alot of people have treated him pretty badly. In a way it's a relief that evidence showed he didn't. Luckily they had the footage, or he would have been crucified on hearsay.
I think all the rumors really tarnished his reputation, possibly beyond repair. Sad really because he does build a hell of a boat.

Wonder what a judge is worth these days? 8 counts dismissed. Gotta wonder if there is some truth to the rumours. "Incidental touching during rough play", why is a 60yr old engaging in play with teens?

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

Dear just wondering, it sounds like you have "Guilty" on your mind. The judge has stated that it is CLEARLY visible that there was NO inappropriate touching. Are you looking for a lynching?
Just wondering.
Wonder what a judge is worth these days? 8 counts dismissed. Gotta wonder if there is some truth to the rumours. "Incidental touching during rough play", why is a 60yr old engaging in play with teens?

Just wondering.

Innocent is innocent but a 60 yr old man rough playing with random kids in a pool is still inappropriate and wrong in our society.

It's a pretty bad thing to be accused of, especially if you're innocent.
not sure what the details are, but i would hope the judge has reviewed the case
and made the right decision.

Sounds like he was tried in the wrong courthouse.

Met the guy and had some work done by him. Seemed like a great guy-pricey but the work was good. Hope he can pick-up the pieces of his life-might be hard to do after that little witch-hunt!!!

X2 Just Wondering

Just wondering what? Are you calling into question the integrity of the Judge in the case?? If so then you should be having a conversation firstly with the RCMP and secondly with a good lawyer, because that line of questioning and accusations could land one in a place where inappropriate touching does take place (the clink).

If one spreads rumours and keeps the rumours alive by constant chatter, then sooner or later some people start to believe that the rumour must be true because "everyone is talking about it".

In order to sensibly talk of this case, one should view the video that the judge viewed so that facts are being discussed, not rumours and hearsay. This man has already gone through the ringer on these accusations, and untold damage has been done to his reputation and to his business because of rumours built up from the accusations.

Ask yourself this: what if this had happened to you, where you knew that you had done nothing truely wrong, and were accused from a twist to the truth and your reputation was completely destroyed, how would that feel?? Enough said!

Just wondering.

people on the is forum were going to form a linch mob when this thing happened last year. that's why you never judge someone until found guilty in court. rumors are rumors

Exactly, now no matter how hard he tries to repair the damage done he will never win. This really hurts when the court has found you not guilty but society still thinks you are.
The man builds a great boat and I hope he can keep on building them.

I really feel for the guy, that would be hell to be accused of something like that knowing that he was innocent, and as far as "just wondering" goes, he can go fu#k himself.

Exactly, now no matter how hard he tries to repair the damage done he will never win. This really hurts when the court has found you not guilty but society still thinks you are.
The man builds a great boat and I hope he can keep on building them.

X2. "Society" has ruined quite a few folks lives. I hope he can put most of the pieces back together again and get back on his feet.

Anyone from the justice system reading this should make a call and make sure "just wondering" is never called up for jury duty!!

Interesting. I was exploring whether to get one of his boats and was advised no to because of these charges. I could loose deposit if he was convicted. Consequently I ended up purchasing from another builder and love my boat!

I really feel for the guy, that would be hell to be accused of something like that knowing that he was innocent, and as far as "just wondering" goes, he can go fu#k himself.

X2 to "just wondering"...

Sorry, it really sucks that this is my first post, but
they have video proof that 'nothing happened'!

X2. "Society" has ruined quite a few folks lives. I hope he can put most of the pieces back together again and get back on his feet.

X3
I feel for him and his family and hope he can put his life back together.

Rumours are just that until proven otherwise.. Thank goodness for technology and video footage.

Ask yourself this: what if this had happened to you, where you knew that you had done nothing truely wrong, and were accused from a twist to the truth and your reputation was completely destroyed, how would that feel??
I would not put myself in any situation where I was charged with touching children inappropriately and that is the reason for our judiciall system, to determine guilt or innocence and in this case he was found innocent, but....
Lets look at it from another point of view.....What if you were the father or mother of a child that was touched inappropriately (not specifically this incident), then what? or lets look at poor little Alexa Middelaer, where the guilty party only got 2 1/2 yrs for killing a toddler while driving impaired...

Lets also then look at how society (as in this case) never lets it go and the rest of your life is a mess if you are even implicated in anything like this. Why do you think very few people who have thoughts of sexual contact with kids never come forward voluntarily for help before they act on their feelings? Would society or individuals congratulate someone for coming forward for help or treat them the same as someone who acted first? You know you would be looked at the same, hence why no-one seeks help first.

Back