comox moorage

T

tortuga

I am moving to from Vancouver to Comox in April and have a 17.5 Double Eagle and will be looking for May to September moorage. I have heard about possible fresh water moorage on the Puntledge. Is this for real? How about prices and other options. Thanks.

I live in Comox and yes it is true, your just up the puntledge river a short distance. I will get that info for you on Monday and post it. My only question is with the fishing not so great here on the ECVI and being such a short 1 to 1.5 hour drive to the west coast where fish is so much better why would you more your boat?

Cheers Kev

Edited by - MyEscape on 02/04/2006 15:55:36

I guess It's slower than I thought fishing around Comox. O.K., when is the best time to hit Bamfield? Isn't there a marina that has a moorage and accomodation (trailer) package? Anybody know how to reserve here or elswhere in Bamfield, and how does launching at Port Alberni (weather permitting) compare to driving in on the infamous logging road?

Here is my input on your Bamfield questions:

I think that the place where you are thinking of with moorage and accomodation in a travel trailer is Seabeam Lodge. Great place to stay and the owners are very nice.

As far as the best time to go, you'll have to ask around, but I make a trip there in mid July and do quite well. I don't think that it is the "best" time to fish there, but it works for me.

As far as whether to run out by boat or to tow out by trailer, my vote definitely goes to running in by boat. If you want to, you can drive part way to China Creek, and then launch there. I have just seen too many people have problems with their boat and/or trailer when they tow in.

I hope this helps and I'm sure others will be able to provide more info.

Fish Wish

Back