Comox fishing tips (tides?)

jbv

i'm the guy in the orange deck sea kayak out there between the bumble bees trying to troll for salmon. no DR no fishfinders, naturally. fishing blind and given'r.

haven't caught anything yet, and i'm only good for about 2 hrs of trolling time as it takes me about a half hr on either side to get in and out. the back/shoulders/butt get tired after about 3 straight hrs in the same position. regular flashers are impossible to troll with, but got one of those kitetails and it works. still lots of drag with 4-6oz slip weights but it works. (works meaning it gets some depth and the right action).

is there tides to avoid, ie. a waste of time to even try fishing? given the effort for me to fish out there, i want to maximize my chances where ever possible. if i catch even 1 salmon this year i'll be pretty happy.

(i find it funny when people talk about 'sporting'. as in knucklebusters are more 'sporting' compared to my levelwind. come paddling/fishing with me for 3+ hrs and we'll talk about sporting bud. :cool:)

Back