Comox clarafication please?

Jencourt

Hi folks:

I was just checking the Comox waterfront or Harbor openings and after checking the map and text I am unsure of Chinook retention.
If you go to the link I am providing you will see on the color map that it states Non retention in the green area from May1- Aug 20. If you scroll down to the text description of same area it states May1-aug 31. Was thinking I am missing something so some clarification would be awesome . Thanks.

Here is the link: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/opportunities-possibilites/PN/2012/14-co-ch.pdf

Yea it's a remnant from a couple of years ago...... (Aug 20 opening)
They tried to open it early and do some samples to see if the fish were summer run.
I don't think they got any data to see if that was the case.
Not sure, but I had a kit last year but gave up fishing in that area for lack of luck.
The cutoff from summer run and fall run Chinooks was something like July 31.
As you know the summer run is in danger so we don't what to target those ones.

I have spoke to DFO, last year, and they would like us to use the Sept 1 opening date.
If a guy was caught retaining in this area, and he had the map, no charges were to be laid.
That was for last year but you sure would have a case if caught this year.

Regardless, I wont be starting to look at this area until later this month.
I do go out for a test fish and release if I find one.
Sure wish it would replay from a few years back when it was on fire.
GLG

I always go into the DFO office in Comox and have them print out those pages for me..
I date them..
If there ever is an issue when I am following their own print out..I have done MY DUE DILIGENCE!

Back