Commander 26 Re Build

It's tough to draw on the phone app, but if you use a bit of imagination with some railings and a radar out front of it it might not look so bald after all. Just way more functional and sporty. I don't know what this dodger looks like sitting there on the ground. I'm just going off pictures here. That being said I'm going with, this way is easier ( cutting the dodger) since without the dodge it looks unfinished and untrimmed along the top of the wheelhouse. Maybe just railing work would look OK, but I think the overhang is actually more functional. Again crappy drawing but..

Screenshot_20231207_174613_Gallery.jpg

And that's bad? [On the other hand, I've always admired the 26 Hourston Command Bridge]
My Hourston had a fly bridge when it came out of the factory in 1976. It was owned by a hockey celebrity and he named it the Golly Gee. I’m the 3rd owner of the hull.

I have a picture of him up in the bridge in my PC back in Canada. I like the look of it now personally. Being in big water for so long I’m always concious of keeping the weight low to prevent excess pitching and rocking.

Having the command bridge as a functional helm probably blows the budget as you’ll definitely want full controls and electronics on both the back deck and main cabin. Having all 3 will get really expensive. I still think having the command bridge structure provides great functionality as seating and storage space. It also gives the boat that bold look, modified as done have photo shop looks quite nice. That overhang over the front windows looks good with good purpose, I could see cutting down the height though. If you just leave it somewhere in the future controls could be added if on desires and has the budget.

Having the command bridge as a functional helm probably blows the budget as you’ll definitely want full controls and electronics on both the back deck and main cabin. Having all 3 will get really expensive. I still think having the command bridge structure provides great functionality as seating and storage space. It also gives the boat that bold look, modified as done have photo shop looks quite nice. That overhang over the front windows looks good with good purpose, I could see cutting down the height though. If you just leave it somewhere in the future controls could be added if on desires and has the budget.
There is a budget on boat builds? I do not understand this, budget? Boat?

You just need to add the big wheels to your trailer and it will be same same.
Hahaha very funny

Removing the bridge from a 30 foot commander is comical , yes I agree, defamation of the commander. But the 26 is a totally different boat, the lines are different, extra set of windows on the 30. I really don’t see the humour in it.
Ok a few hillbillies from Powell river thinks it’s funny, hahaha.

Soooooo, first week with Ron 2.0 and I’m back to my bad habits of pulling Ron off the boat.No progress the last couple days because I had him repair a hood for me. Trying to cover a bit of the boat expense.
On the plus side, that gives me some more time to figure out this dodger dilemma….

Imagine it with a radar mount at the front side grab rails and 3 rod holders on each side of the hatch. I think that would look good.

I agree - custom radar arch and stainless handrail around the perimeter of roof. It will look good, be functional (the handrail will keep things on the roof and you can tie to it), will be much quicker and less expensive to finish. You don’t need three helms - too complicated and too many things that could go wrong. Plus, it would look like a custom, one-off fishing machine!

Back