Commander 26 Re Build

I really don’t see how the boat looks awkward without the flybridge, only maybe because it originally had one on?
Most boats don’t have bridges….

I’M NOT CUTTING DOWN ANYTHING ON THIS BOAT ANYMORE, NO WAY, NO HOW !!

Except if I take the bridge off, a moon roof would be nice
You'll be wearing your rain gear in the cabin when it starts leaking

It’s your personal preference that matters, our opinions at just opinions and can be dangerous, I think I was one of the first pushing you to cut the deck . Look what that turned into lol.

If it’s not all rigged out for a proper good functioning helm station up there I’d be concerned with the cost to do that if it were me, I’d be more concerned with controlling the boat from inside the cabin and from the back deck fishing area with controls and electronics a both stations. Gets real expensive to have 3. I do think it’s good for storage and possibly seating up there. I’d consider getting the dinghy up there also possibly.

Reminds me of the Hourston sedan lines without the flybridge. But....I agree with jon that it needs something. A visor maybe, like the Hourston. The flybridge looks ok but no one needs to be up there on a 26ft boat

Nice work. I vote for topless. Would be great if you could hook everything up with quick connects and make it on its own platform so you could have it on or off in a couple hours

Nice work. I vote for topless. Would be great if you could hook everything up with quick connects and make it on its own platform so you could have it on or off in a couple hours
I thought about that a bit, there would be too many things like lights , radar, speakers , horn, all would need disconnecting at least at the harnesses, also the rub rail is holding everything together, not to mention the rails, even the stairs up were connected to the bridge.

I thought about that a bit, there would be too many things like lights , radar, speakers , horn, all would need disconnecting at least at the harnesses, also the rub rail is holding everything together, not to mention the rails, even the stairs up were connected to the bridge.

A wise man once said, where there is a will, there is a way …. However he did fail to mention, it would cost a **** ton of money to do.

Once you start doing longer trips in the summer especially mixed family and fishing you may regret removing the upper station. Calm sunny days cruising up there can’t beat it! great spot for morning coffee or evening drinks. And if you have a nice canvas slope cover fitted will be great storage when needed. My 2c leave it!

Back