Commander 26 Re Build

I’m curious to see the progress on your commander…. Let’s see a pic
No progress yet. I have the motors now and I'm either going to get conrad yachts or adventure marine to design me a pod and I'll weld it out and mount it. The process will start in the spring when it's warm enough to work on it in Golden. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in my shop. Until the spring she looks like this 👍

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_64943861-b079-483e-94ad-c6dd8824bf35.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_64943861-b079-483e-94ad-c6dd8824bf35.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 90
My opinion after owning the same boat the last 4-5 years is that the amount of space that gets freed up from the rest of the boat due to having a command bridge is huge. Extra coolers, paddle boards, bbq, prawn / crab traps and rope etc all go up there and it leaves the rest of the boat clear. Plus it looks dumb without. Downside is you cant see the best when trolling but with your deck lower I think you’ll have a better view through the cabin than I do.

Dumb?!?!
I think it looks absolutely sexy mmm mmm mmm, with out the bridge.

It also looks faster without the bridge 🤣

Tons of storage under the deck now

Dumb?!?!
I think it looks absolutely sexy mmm mmm mmm, with out the bridge.

It also looks faster without the bridge 🤣

Tons of storage under the deck now
Yeah I think it looks dumb but it’s all preference I guess. Do you have the original deck hatch or have you modified it? The only issue with using under the deck for storage is that you can’t lift the deck hatch to access below if you have anything on the deck . Even a smaller cooler won’t allow it to open.

Yeah I think it looks dumb but it’s all preference I guess. Do you have the original deck hatch or have you modified it? The only issue with using under the deck for storage is that you can’t lift the deck hatch to access below if you have anything on the deck . Even a smaller cooler won’t allow it to open.
That's why I hate that my trap puller breaker is under there. PITA to get at it.

Top on best place to cruise from in the summer by far and makes the boat a summer boat and winter boat. Who wants to sit inside all summer? I go for function over looks. I often catch transients having happy hr on the bridge at our dock because they can see over the breakwater to catch the sunset.
100 percent.

Back