Color marker for bait

M

MrSmiley

I want to know if anyone knows exactly where to get this coloring pen for adding color to your anchovies or herring bait.Not sure if it is paint or felt or what,but apparently it does the job.It's new to me.

Can somebody explain to me how this "pen" works?
I've heard of adding food colouring to your brine solution to bring out the colour of the bait, but never heard of using a "pen" to do what I assume is the same thing.

Fish Wish

News to me??????

MrSmiley, could you expand on this?

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

It is like felt marker ,you can mark draw whatever pattern you please right on your bait. Some guides in the Charlottes use it.
I have never personally used it, So I am also curious. I know it comes in green and blue, Maybe others too. Great product apparently

The maker sounds good!! but will the bait have to be dry?I use Oyster sauce in my brine to keep the silver shine.

cheers

Rick

Last Saturday morning, the host of "Fishful Thinking" was using it on herring strip fishing somewhere on the Great Lakes for Springs. I understand since color is so important for salmon fishing on the GL, these markers are popular. I've often wondered if they would improve the catchability of bait here on the West Coast. Where to get these markers however, I don't know.

You can get the markers at Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. Its called the Spectra Minnow Colour System. There are 6 colours at $5.99 each US.

I'm going to hunt around town this weekend for some.I have to try it!
I am re-spooling my reel with the new berkley big game(flourescent blue).

C'ya on the water.

just saw them use the marker on "fishful thinking"
green, blue, red, and it lasts on the bait for about
20 minutes.
looks like a good idea, you can change color on the bait
without having to change the teaser head

scotty

Must have to order it....I looked at Trotac and Island outfitters today, no luck.

C'ya on the water.

Back