Coho Clipping at Jack Brooks (SSE) - May 28 and May 29

Deewar25

This is all there is for this year (besides a steelhead clip a little later). Please post interest in helping or send me an IM and I will put you on the list. I am just trying to verify from Mel if there is room for 14-15 of US or 14-15 total as there are the hatchery old timers that always come out as well. Hopefully we get 40000 clipped in this time.

Followup note: Sounds like he'd like 8-10 people from our end each day, so we will shoot for that, and any additional interests, I can put on a stand by list if Mel needs a few more.

Last edited by a moderator:
bump...hope to sort out numbers sooner than later for Mel....help out, clip the fish you then get to catch, use up some of those required community service hours from your recent arrest, get a free meal...how can you go wrong??

i cant make it this year, wish i could but stuck up here for a bit
i will see if Jen wants to go again though and let u know

I want to help, but I'll be with my kids at there sports events out of town. Put me on the list for any future work parties.

Can't make it this year. Will be fishing in 100 mile that weekend.
Enjoyed last year. Met some good people and put faces to some of the members here.
Few hours of talking fishing and tagging keepers for the future. Well worth your time.

Tips

I might be able to help out, can you pm the details, time required, location etc..
hey Jaymasta - it will be 9am start both days at the gate to the access road (think its young lake road) just off Otter Point Road. You can run 1/2 day or full day (3pm or so) and they do the BBQ. Just tell me what day you want so I can best juggle the numbers - I have I think 11 right now with 6 from our derby so we will pick the light day (likely Sunday). I think more numbers on Saturday at the moment. Love to hear from others as well, these are your fish you can have a say in!

sookemapsmall.gif

looks like the numbers 'should' be good as I have 9 both days...can I get confirmation on the few that inquired about Saturday....Jaymasta...Firelight...Rockfish (you didn't mention Saturday but would work better based on numbers). Hopefully you guys don't mind being on Nice Fish JR as well as they have requested running a little segment during the Saturday clip. Shaw will likely be there on the Sunday clip so avoiding screen time entirely probably isn't possible...ha

1 last request here for this Saturday as we have 1 less and we have a 2 each for a 1/2 day (meaning 7 at a time + hatchery regulars) - Mel was hoping 8-10 for each day from our end so we have room for another 1-3 people. Even if you can do 1/2 day it helps and just remind yourself because of what we do here, you may get to keep that hatchery coho you would otherwise have to throw back unclipped!

I have to confirm, but I see on his website, he says 8:30 meeting, but told me 9 start. I will confirm when he wants us at the gate, but he did say there should be someone there to man the gate regardless the time you arrive (obviously within that window).

Please send a PM or post here if you can make it out.

Thx

Deewar, I will bring one more on Sun. The little crazy Aecom bird that is. Shaw Cable will come around 10:30 AM on sun.

thats good...juandesooka forgot about a swim meet so him +2 are out. I got 1 more, so that still makes 9 for Sunday, Saturday still at 7 though, so any offers would still be appreciated for then. Keep in mind also, the website says 'gathering at 8:30', but Mel told me start at 9. For those involved, coming closer to 8:30 at the gate (little ways up Butler Main) would be better, but if you are late and there is no one at the gate, just call the hatchery at 250-642-0031 and someone will come down to let you in. PM or reply if you can make either days.

clipping done and a success. Rough total around 38000 coho were clipped (all they had besides those that were too small). Thanks to those that volunteered - means alot to the old timers to have that extra support.

Back