clip keeps letting go

Fasty

Im having trouble keeping my lines in my clips.
even at the very back.
they seems to start ok and then fade in strength ... is it they cold?
i wondered about trying to create some abrasion on the clip... any ideas or do i just go buy new clips?

Clip setting on tight is number one. However doesn't always work. The rubbers do wear out. You can buy a pack of new rubber inserts for 10 bucks. 30lb mainline holds better as well.

You can try sandpaper to crate a little bit of a rough surface. It works

^^^^^^^
This.

Have some spare pads & pre-rigged release clips on standby. I’ve always found some grease/oil ends up getting in there.

Sunscreen is bad for causing clip slippage too. It'll get on the line and cause you to have issues even after changing out a clip.

I replace the rubber on the clips as soon a that happens once. I have a dozen clips so as soon as one slips it gets tossed aside and fixed later.

All great advice on why the clip releases. One solution that I use is having quick change extra clips on hand rather than changing out the entire clip lanyard.

Attachments

• 511C6CF3-D6CC-4C0D-A77E-DE8CFB558B34.jpeg
    511C6CF3-D6CC-4C0D-A77E-DE8CFB558B34.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 116
  • D9C6D2E9-AF79-40EF-B5D1-9ED504C7E7E4.jpeg
    D9C6D2E9-AF79-40EF-B5D1-9ED504C7E7E4.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 117
If your not sure what we mean by setting is loose, this piece here moves back and forth which create more tension or less depending on the spot you have it set.
Dude is spot on. Shift the piece to the upstream side for more tension (deeper water setting).

A side note: I learned the hard way. Strip off some of your main line every few trips so your not clipping into the same spot all the time. That little bit of wear and tear from the clamp can cause a weak spot that will may cost you a big fish one day. Been there.

Back