chartplotter's?

islander55

hey there im buying a 3d depth sound built into a charter plotter and im wondering if anyone out there could tell me any good ones to buy. I love the kind of depth sounders that are 3d and shows the archs for the salmon showing on the screen. anyone know of any good models standard horizion, garmin , orr..?

I run a Standard Horizon and love it. Marks all kinds of fish. I watch them come in and take the bait at over 180ft deep just a few days ago.

-KK

Can't speak for the fishfinder,but I own a Standard Horizon CP190i stand alone chartplotter and love it. Great chart
detail with the C-Map Max chip,and a very user friendly system.

I wanted to add the 'chirp' capability to my boat. I already have a fully networked system in place but it is old enough that I could not 'upgrade' the system instead would have had to replace almost all of it to gain chirp. so I bought the standalone Dragonfly from Raymarine. it runs about $700 US and includes the charts for Canadian and US waters along with a matching transducer, everything you need in a single box. it works really quite well and I am impressed with the plug and play ability this provided. easy to install and operate and I could actually 'see' halibut laying on the bottom in 125' of water this past spring, amazing. allows you to adjust where in the water column you wish to focus the entire screen so some really handy features. but, you can't integrate this into any other system so be advised of that limitation.

what model is your standard horizon?

I run a Standar Horizon CPF190i And I LOVE it. Was out today and had it dialed in watched the one and only 9 pound winter spring I got come in to sniff the bait for over 30 seconds. I ran back and raised the rigger 10ft and it released off the clip! Tell me thats not exciting! I would recomend the Standard Horizon to anyone.

I wanted to add the 'chirp' capability to my boat. I already have a fully networked system in place but it is old enough that I could not 'upgrade' the system instead would have had to replace almost all of it to gain chirp. so I bought the standalone Dragonfly from Raymarine. it runs about $700 US and includes the charts for Canadian and US waters along with a matching transducer, everything you need in a single box. it works really quite well and I am impressed with the plug and play ability this provided. easy to install and operate and I could actually 'see' halibut laying on the bottom in 125' of water this past spring, amazing. allows you to adjust where in the water column you wish to focus the entire screen so some really handy features. but, you can't integrate this into any other system so be advised of that limitation.

What does a halibut look like laying on the bottom at 125ft?

I run a Standar Horizon CPF190i And I LOVE it. Was out today and had it dialed in watched the one and only 9 pound winter spring I got come in to sniff the bait for over 30 seconds. I ran back and raised the rigger 10ft and it released off the clip! Tell me thats not exciting! I would recomend the Standard Horizon to anyone.

that would sure be awsome to watch, and ok cool ill look into them

islander , how do you like it, have you had a chance to use it
did you find one on sale?
i dont get it till sometime in january because of the vancouver boat show , so harbour chandler has to compete with the vancouver boat show so they will have some good sales on them other wuys it would be in my boat right now ahha . but from what it looks like in the demos on the screen its sweet. especially the scanning witch is going to be awsome for finding muddy bottoms for crabbing :)

Back