Charter recommendations

Greg Bernetic

Vacation plans have changed. Will be in Penticton till the end of July and thinking of heading to Vancouver or the island in the first week of August for a day or two of fishing. No sturgeon fishing, salmon and halibut. Any recommendations?

Vacation plans have changed. Will be in Penticton till the end of July and thinking of heading to Vancouver or the island in the first week of August for a day or two of fishing. No sturgeon fishing, salmon and halibut. Any recommendations?

If you want to target halibut......pass through Vancouver and head to the Island.

I can skip Halibut. It’s either or a combo. We just finished our last bit of halibut from last spring bu we enjoy eating both. I enjoy salmon fishing better.

I love fishing with either Bon Chovy Fishing charters or Pacific Angler if you decide to stay around Vancouver. I have over 20 trips between the 2 so give me a PM if you have questions!

I would recommend a trip to Port Renfrew if you want to take some Chinook home.
Sooke and Victoria will be open, but a one fish a day retention.
Both spots should be good for Chinook Pinks...ugh and maybe a few Coho.
Renfrew will offer the opportunity for Halibut as well.
Places like Bamfield, Winter Harbor and Port Hardy are also excellent fishing in August, but may be too much travel time for you.
There are no end of excellent guiding operations in all these locations, but start check sites early cause they are heavily booked.

Last edited:
Back