Charter boat stolen from Comox marina

My boat motor and trailer were stolen from Knight Road Storage sometime between 29 July and 09 August. The storage company is at present pouring through their feed from 5 video cameras on site.
The boat 2005 Trophy 1952, with 4.3 L Merc.,9.9 Yamaha kicker mounted port side. Boat has new radar tower, silver powder coated aluminum with 6 rocket launchers and mounted Lowrance Halo 20 radar. dark green bimini canvas top over white deck and hull. It is on a single axel Karavan trailer BC licence # UGX86A.
I am totally pissed as you can only imagine...will attempt to link to active social media posts and attach photos. Any assistance and reposting would be appreciated....Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 57
My friends boat was stolen from captains cove marina this week too. Its a 23’ wellcraft fibreglass boat with a newer 200 HO etec engine and yamaha kicker. Pretty ****** for him because nothings going to be done about it. Waiting for a pic and numbers from boat. Heads up out there. Thieves are everywhere.

man I feel for you guys!, how are all these guys stealing this ****, almost need to pull all the batteries and pad lock all access doors and lids. I swear someone in the marine world needs to make chip keys for outboards and inboards like the automotive world. Unless you have the key you will NOT be getting that vehicle up and running.

I’ve been seeing a large amount of motorcycles, vehicles and boats being stolen in the last few weeks. Most likely a handful of repeat offenders that have been recently released after a month or 2 at club fed. Or maybe words getting out to more organized crime how pathetic our laws are for this so it’s just a free for all now.

It's very unfortunate, these kinds of crimes inspire vigilantes, and that brings a whole new level of problems.
It's getting to be like a Hollywood movie.

Last edited:
Likely done by someone with a substance abuse problem. Its not their fault, its apparently ours. No consequences so they just keep doing it again and again. I am surprised their isn't more outrage in BC about the theft issue caused primarily by drug addicts. Coming to a neighbourhood near you.

Likely done by someone with a substance abuse problem. Its not their fault, its apparently ours. No consequences so they just keep doing it again and again. I am surprised their isn't more outrage in BC about the theft issue caused primarily by drug addicts. Coming to a neighbourhood near you.
On the other hand the guys with substance abuse problems would not be using these boats. Who is buying them?

On the other hand the guys with substance abuse problems would not be using these boats. Who is buying them?
Or perhaps who is buying the parts and equipment after they have been chopped or boats, motors, trailers and equipment mixed and swapped and sold or run in some isolated local.

Back