Cell Phone Plans

I gave my current provider (Koodo) a call and asked what they could do for a long term customer and lo and behold they rolled the price back to $25 plus they changed the 200 Canada wide talk minutes to unlimited talk Canada. So for the old price I am getting a better deal.

fish brain, we have Shaw for tv, internet and a landline and our contract will expire in May. I will have to see at that time what they can offer as a package (tv, internet, landline and cell)

I know this is old,but, thought I’d share this. I just put $ on my ‘pay as you go‘ Vodaphone account in Spain Last week. I paid $22.18 for one months service, 100 GB of data and 800 minutes of International calling Unlimited calling domestically in Spain. The cool thing is Vodaphone works all over the world Except in Canada. So when I travel to the US or any other country, I load up my Spanish Vodaphone account and use the phone there Instead of my Canadian Rogers cell phone. It’s cheaper than using my Rogers account. We get so ripped in Canada on cell fees. I've heard all the arguments about the size of the country blah blah. $22.18 is 1/3 of what I pay in Canada.

There is no doubt the Canadian pubic is being ripped off by the big Tech companies and our politicians are to blame. I recently wanted to add a small amount of data to our plan. Talk about an adventure. Tried to talk to the Koodo Loyalty department three times. The first time I was left hanging on the line so I finally hung up., the second time I got cut off, the third time I finally made contact with someone in the loyalty department and negotiated a new deal. However, they wanted to charge me $15.00 for changing my plan, but I declined and they finally waived the fee..

My wife and I have been using Petro Canada mobility for at least 15 years. They use Rogers towers and work great for us with unlocked phones. Makes it real easy when travelling, just switch SIM cards.
my 2 cents
Stosh

This is what I pay a month for North America unlimited with Tel Cel from Mexico

Attachments

• 85A87C03-BE2F-41F0-A9CE-A9BE8482ACBB.png
    85A87C03-BE2F-41F0-A9CE-A9BE8482ACBB.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 17
This is what I pay a month for North America unlimited with Tel Cel from Mexico
The package.

We really are getting ripped off

Attachments

• 0A7EF158-F27B-4D53-B73B-22B37BD4A6AD.png
    0A7EF158-F27B-4D53-B73B-22B37BD4A6AD.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 32
the only comment I have to make is don’t under any circumstances use freedom…….unless you want freedom from your phone because the coverage is awful.

Ask about the EPP program (employee payment plan) Telus Rogers and Bell have them, just switched from Fido to Telus $55.00 for 25gb canada wide calling and text etc. 25gb at 5G then unlimited data at 3G. Ask if your workplace is on there list.

I am aware of Public Mobile but if you have a problem there is no human that you can talk with. Everything is handled by the Community Chat. I agree there rates are good.
I'm on public, late October I was able to upgrade for free up to 15 gb of data from 5 gb. Still paying $36 per month. Unlimited talk and text still.

The appeal of the US/Can plans are attractive here on the south Isl if you’re spending a lot of time out in the water and regularly pick up a lot of US towers. Sorta an extra level of safety. I pay $44.80/month with koodo for unlimited Can and 10gb. I do the one day US roaming for $13 bucks if I’m solo way off of Renfrew or Nitnat. Worth it to check weather/keep in touch with emergency contact with my location/plans.

I'm on a rogers CAN/US plan w 100gb. For 85$ Would love something cheaper with US Roaming. I'd be happy with 50gb or less, but this way I can take the boat/camper family south.

That Mexican deal seems pretty good. Do you have a Canadian number?
I have that same plan, but Telus. 100gb/line for 85 bucks/line with 4 phones. Then bundle the 4 phones on one account gives 20 bucks off each line so 65 bucks US/CAN roaming. .....no Mexico

I do the "bring your own phone" plan with Koodo. the kids are on the $15 a month unlimited call and text in Canada with no data.
my wife's plan is also "Bring your own phone" but with data since the kids always hotspot.
I buy Redmi phones from AliExpress the last phone I purchased was Xiaomi Redmi 10A for under $200.

The appeal of the US/Can plans are attractive here on the south Isl if you’re spending a lot of time out in the water and regularly pick up a lot of US towers. Sorta an extra level of safety. I pay $44.80/month with koodo for unlimited Can and 10gb. I do the one day US roaming for $13 bucks if I’m solo way off of Renfrew or Nitnat. Worth it to check weather/keep in touch with emergency contact with my location/plans.
5 new towers going up mechosin to renfrew. 2 running now, mechosin and Shirley. Jordan river and renfrew soon

Back