Cates Park north van boat ramp

the butcher

Planning on launching and parking at Cates Park for the 1st time. Anyone know whether there are any restrictions on who can use the facility similar to what Port Moody did with their ramp? Does Cates Park have lots of parking for truck and trailer? Any ideas on cost for truck and trailer for the day?

No restrictions that I have heard. Check the d of nv site for cates for costs etc.

Oh ya heres a pro tip for ya; never ever tie your boat to the outside of the dock. You'll get destroyed.

Looks open as per their website

https://www.dnv.org/programs-services/facilities-parks-and-services-impacted-covid-19

Cates Park/Whey-ah-Wichen boat launch
The boat launch at Cates Park/Whey-ah-Wichen is open year-round for launching boats up to 36 feet. It is open daily from 6 am - 10 pm. You can purchase daily boat launch tickets from the on-site ticket machine.

Boat launch rates (includes parking)
2020 District resident non-District resident
Daily $20.90 $20.90

Yearly (January 1 through December 31)
$175.81 $269.10

Prices quoted do not include GST

No restrictions that I have heard. Check the d of nv site for cates for costs etc.

Oh ya heres a pro tip for ya; never ever tie your boat to the outside of the dock. You'll get destroyed.

This is a good tip. A friend of mine learned the hard way.

Thanks for the info. Do you have to pay to tie up your boat to the dock in addition to the launch fee? If the forecast for this weekend is 10-20 knots I assume it's fairly protected waters around Cates Park correct? Never been in that area before and the wife doesn't have good sea legs.

You don't want to spend more time than necessary at that ****** dock, drop off, pick up and bolt. No fee for the dock. You can easily bomb up to the top of Indian Arm and float around all through there, it is super protected and as you head into the inlet you'll get away from the Bedwell Bay / Deep Cove gong show. Stop off at the old power station on your right as you run into the Inlet, there's a dock there you can tie up at and there's a another small dock at Granite Falls too.

Back