Catch of the Day

Here's a different type of catch from today.
2F5321C5-1C96-4234-999D-1B03FD9BFC09_zpsq64v2cxf.jpg

Yep. I got the idea after watching a bow fishing show where they donated all the carp to a guy that had a snapping turtle farm. I got in contact with the Crotalk guy and he said he would be more than happy to take them. That whole place is pretty much run by donation so anything helps. It's a pretty neat little setup they have going on but they are trying to move to a different location that will provide a much bigger area for the animals.

I made it out to prospect lake today, started the day targeting bass with the fly rod and boated over 10 of them, in the afternoon I switched to chironomids and leeches, and boated 6 trout on a type 6 full sink. The water was warm at 73 fahrenheit, and most of the trout action was close to the boat launch in 22-28ft of water.

Kunni

Headed put today with my old man will report back. They should like this colder spell of weather were entering the lakes should start to cool and the trout will feed again!

Spent from 8-2 at Langford Lake. It was nice to switch back to the lake from a saltwater mentality. Ended up with 10 strikes 3 rainbows and one bass landed. The rainbows were all really nice fish around 18" and chunky. I also lost one that was most deffinitly in the 5+ pound range. All fish were hooked on black UV micro leeches fished on 6 sink lines and wind drifted in 40+ ft of water.

Cheers KK

WOW awsome, I was told langford was slow right now, but with fish like that you proved those reports wrong!

thanks

Kunni

Well today was an interesting day. Woke up at the crack of dawn and the old man and I decided on Langford lake. Figured we would be the first on the lake as it had only been light for maybe 20 minutes. We were wrong. We pulled up to the ramp and a fellow forum member was sitting down there rigging up his boat for his first trip on the lake since June. I advised him of my recent trip to the lake and we set off on our separate ways.

My Dad and I worked both a 3 sink and 6 sink lines with micro leeches down deep. It was really slow. Not even a bite by nearly 10am. We decided to just sit still and hang some flies and well that did not lead us to the promise land either.

Around 10:15 we got our first nibble and that was just what it was a nibble. Then just minutes later another nibble. They were short biting my micro nymph? How is this possible I haven’t a clue?

12 Noon the lunch bell rang and well that’s just what it did! It was a buffet and over the next 2 hours my Dad fellow forum member and I were into some pigs! It was a fairly small area they were hitting in and a very tricky technique to present the fly correctly with the wind playing no favour. There were some very nice fish released to be caught at a larger date. Here are some shots of the day.

And a Shot of Fellow forum member and his big fish which are slippery and jumped out of his hands before a good pic could be snapped.

Cheers KK

Nice work Steve...! GF and I just came home from a dog walk around the E Nixon trail... Looking out into the lake... Talked to a few guys at the ramp but they'd been skunked. Wished I was out fishing

Wyrguy Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back