Canucks 2023-2024 season

As a lifelong fan, I have come to know what happens when you talk about them playing well. I think we all are leery of the profound disappointment that is lurking just around the corner.
Totally agree so I am of the opinion to enjoy the ride and not jinx what’s going on here. My little nuances keep me in check as at times I keep seeing warts that remind me of past failures.

What impresses me the most at the moment is the solid contributions from third and fourth forward lines and the 5-6D. In my new canadian mind, this is a good attribute for playoff hockey, right?

I am also reminded that Boston had a superb reg season last year, only to be dumped out in the first round with barely a whimper.

Announced this morning that 5 members of Canada‘s 2018 World Junior Team are to surrender to London police authorities.Individuals not named but interesting that Dillion Dube and Carter Hart have both been granted leave of absences from their teams. Nasty stuff and the outcome doesn’t look good.

the Canucks are finally having a good season and it’s crickets. Do Canucks fan just want to talk about bad times?

Thats funny i was just going to post something like that , lol

I think the addition of Zadorov has been huge , big Dmen is what you need in the playoffs , hopefully Soucy gets back soon , still need a second line center that fits in with what the Canucks are preaching , its been really fun to watch

Announced this morning that 5 members of Canada‘s 2018 World Junior Team are to surrender to London police authorities.Individuals not named but interesting that Dillion Dube and Carter Hart have both been granted leave of absences from their teams. Nasty stuff and the outcome doesn’t look good.
Dube, Hart, Formenton, McLeod, and Foote have left their teams. Nothing official, but that looks like the five. Not charged yet but it looks like they want to throw the book at them before letting them settle out of court. Gotta change the image of hockey with strict punishment's I guess. Throw the book at everyone that covered it up for years too

So are the Canucks likely to make trades in the light of almost certainly making the playoffs? Acquiring size is the conventional wisdom, but who gets tipped to make that happen?

I really like how the Canucks have been playing this season. They all have their job to do and position to be in. I guess that is what a system looks like which was sorely lacking with Bourdreau.
Defense is solid as the additions of Hronek (especially), Soucy and Zadorov have really helped. Even Myers is doing well now that he has a plan as to what he's supposed to do.
If Quinn Hughes is not the top player in the league then he's top 3. The guy looks like a smaller version of Bobby Orr.
Our star forwards are doing great. The thing that has really helped this team a lot is the play of the 3rd and 4th lines. The 3rd line has been great with Joshua looking like the power forward he's supposed to be.
Demco and Desmith have been great. What a find to get Desmith as our backup goalie.
We've been very fortunate on the injury front and hope it continues.

Last edited:
I really like how the Canucks have been playing this season. They all have their job to do and position to be in. I guess that is what a system looks like which was sorely lacking with Bourdreau.
Defense is solid as the additions of Hronek (especially), Soucy and Zadorov have really helped. Even Myers is doing well now that he has a plan as to what he's supposed to do.
If Quinn Hughes is not the top player in the league then he's top 3. The guy looks like a smaller version of Bobby Orr.
Our star forwards are doing great. The thing that has really helped this team a lot is the play of the 3rd and 4th lines. The 3rd line has been great with Joshua looking like the power forward he's supposed to be.
Demco and Desmith have been great. What a find to get Desmith as our backup goalie.
fully agree... as a long time canuck fan.... Waiting for the other shoe to drop ;) ;)

What impresses me the most at the moment is the solid contributions from third and fourth forward lines and the 5-6D. In my new canadian mind, this is a good attribute for playoff hockey, right?

I am also reminded that Boston had a superb reg season last year, only to be dumped out in the first round with barely a whimper.
Wish I had paid attention to that. I still hate the bruins for knocking the canucks out of the playoffs
Just a reminder of the first post on this string 😂
Can’t wait for the next oilers nucks game

A few things I am really impressed with as this season goes on:

1. consistent puck support in all three zones, which results in far fewer turnovers and much more puck possession and O-zone time;

2. Hard forecheck from all four lines, with intentional effort to separate the opposing player from the puck and then protect it with active sticks and good body position;

3. Keeping opposing shots at distance and closing the D-zone passing lanes (ironically, though - I think if Demko has shown any weakness this season, it has been tracking shots from a long way out; he’s been brilliant on in-close chances)

4. The hockey IQ shown by Suter and Blueger. These guys have the strongest defensive awareness I think we’ve seen from a Canuck in a while;

5. How Tocchet’s system has transformed Meyers’ and Juulsen’s games;

6. Most importantly, the recognition the flying skate jersey is THE BEST Canucks jersey, hands-down. Now we just need to see the return of the white one as well, to go along with the black one, and scrap the orca logo once and for all.

Cole has been a nice steady addition to the Blue line to

Back