Canucks 2023-2024 season

I like that Tocchet bag-skated them in practice yesterday, after they got into Philly. Set the tone early that they must not get complacent just because they beat the Oilers. Apparently was yelling at them at one point that they need to “earn their ice time”.
Yeah, going two games up on the oil in a best of 7 wouldn’t be enough much less 80 games to go. I wouldn’t want to be the oils next opponent.

Myers should be in the AHL. Can't trade him for anything right now. Maybe Arizona would take him but we'd have to give up a pick.

Yup, too slow and too soft and still loosing the neutral zone. Green hockey. Better though. Speed kills through the zone.
Miller, Hogs and Demko were on their game. Petey seems a bit off, probably a slight injury, the flu bug or Garland and Kuz.
Garland is a puck hog so pack his bags somehow.
The team has yet to allow a goal with Hughes on the ice. Amazing.
By the way I am still pissed with Myers! Brutal.

I watch the occasional game, never played the game, don't know much about contracts and the business of hockey, so I need some education: how is that Myers is top 4 D with such poor play? Every time I watch, he's caught out of position a dozen times a game. Does he have some mega no trade clause?

I watch the occasional game, never played the game, don't know much about contracts and the business of hockey, so I need some education: how is that Myers is top 4 D with such poor play? Every time I watch, he's caught out of position a dozen times a game. Does he have some mega no trade clause?
He has a contract no team wants

He has a contract no team wants
Mercifully, Tocchet is slowly, by degrees, reducing his ice-time. He had the lowest ice-time of all the D in the Tampa and (I think) Florida games. Their big problem with him is they don’t yet have a viable alternative in the system. Their options in Abbotsford aren’t really an upgrade.

Nobody will trade for that contract , maybe at the trade deadline when most of it has been paid , It shows how bad the depth of the Canucks defence is , if there was someone else to put in that position he would be there and Myers would be on the 3 pairing , this is the reason why the Canucks traded for Hronik , absolutely no depth , lucky this is the last year of Myers's contract and the pain and suffering will end soon ...

Mercifully, Tocchet is slowly, by degrees, reducing his ice-time. He had the lowest ice-time of all the D in the Tampa and (I think) Florida games. Their big problem with him is they don’t yet have a viable alternative in the system. Their options in Abbotsford aren’t really an upgrade.
Myers had 13 minutes of ice time in the last two games. He was minus 2 in both of those games….that is some kind of bad…

Who was that team last night? In tuff with the Rangers tonight as they are playing great hockey to start the season. Will be a good test.
It’s about the time that the NHL schedule maker gave the Canucks a couple games to recover from their road trip.
Maybe Rutherford carry’s a bigger voice than the previous regime.

Last edited:
Well, so far, we seem to have a completely different team this year. Hard working and fun to watch.
Canucks deserved to win last night but at least got a valuable point.
It's been a few years since I cared to put the game on at home. Missed it

Work ethic is so different this year. They were tired after back to back nights yet looked the goods overall, especially 5 on 5. And even Myers has a hero moment with a shorty.

On the surface of it, you'd say Tocchet has sold them on his tactical approach.

Back