Canucks: 2011/2012

Shnides would look great in a Oil Uniform !! wishfull thinkin...

if the Canux can somehow find the money and or a magical way ta make bingo bango bongo ,i just $hit another puck into the back of the goalongo ,
disappear , Shnides is the man in my opinion , hes just a great kid all around , i truly believe he is respected by his team-mates more than Lou ,
the after hours interview they had with him on CBC was awesome , seems like a good guy , not arrogant like Loooo ,
his impressions were priceless...

my gut feeling is that Lou will end up in Tampa !! Canux will eat a good chunk of his pathetic contract to make it happen.....
he will wave his no trade...

fd

Keep Loungo and get rid of Schneider. Really good idea. No playoff or beyond 1st round for years to come. Can you imagine how effective floppy Lou will be at age 41?
Thats you, think of the big picture,Is Schneider the better goalie? Appears to be. Is Luongo still good and worth keeping,I think so. Whos the better trade bait to bolster the defence and forward lines? Could it be Schneider??
Other goalies out there and upcoming to replace Schneider. Schneider nice to have but what u gonna get for Luongo?
You think Higgins, Kesler Booth even Borrows going to supplement this team next year? Dont think so, not with the show during the playoffs. Defence,Salo gone, and so on.

You'll get a top 6 forward and a 2nd round pick for Luongo. Or top 4 D and 2nd round pick...either way, well worth the deal as it clears up more cap space which you are forgetting otter so we can add some depth via free agency or another trade. Suter would look MIGHTY good in Nucks jersey...Hamhuis' former teammate too...I've always hoped that Hammer would text Weber and tell him to take a discount to come to Nucks (we could afford 6-6.5mill) LOLOL Wishful thinking!!!

Gillis definitely just threw Cody Hodgson under the bus! Wow. And said he is "unsure" about the future of their goaltending situation. Kesler was injured since Jan apparently...I still say no excuse for his absolutely horrendous play.

That drama with Cody, his Dad and agents was WELL documented and no glaring secret. I think its great that Gillis told it like it is as he has to answer to the critics for trading Cody; "more time dealing with Cody's issues over the past 3 years than all other players combined".

This also just in.......Lou has said if asked he'll waive his no trade clause.

they should try and trade solongo to a team they will play often, that way they will know exactly how to beat him,lol....holmes*

Looks like they may get their chance to trade him. Luongo said to the media that he is willing to waive his no trade clause if the team want him to. That's either a classy move by a guy that wants to see the team move ahead, or that he wants out and is tired of the ******** Vancouver has been throwing at him. Either way I think it looks like he will probably be moved.

http://www.theprovince.com/business/fp/Canucks+Luongo+willing+waive+trade+clause/6510621/story.html

All the Hawks have to do to advance in the playoffs is learn to raise the puck. Are you listening Moe. When your practicing put an 18 in. board across the bottom of the net and shoot over it. Problem solved.;) eman

There's no chance he will be a hawk. If he does go it will be in the East unless the return is so good the deal cant be turned down.

Like I said before, he is a legit world class goalie. Careful what you wish for Vancouver! Would you be happy playing against this guy if he was on the other team?? Lots of people are going to look stupid if he hoists the cup before the Canucks do. I'm not saying he won't be leaving, just don't beat on the best goalie we've ever had. He didint win the cup but he EASILY deserves the most credit for the franchises most successful years.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no chance he will be a hawk. If he does go it will be in the East unless the return is so good the deal cant be turned down.

Like I said before, he is a legit world class goalie. Careful what you wish for Vancouver! Would you be happy playing against this guy if he was on the other team?? Lots of people are going to look stupid if he hoists the cup before the Canucks do. I'm not saying he won't be leaving, just don't beat on the best goalie we've ever had. He didint win the cup but he EASILY deserves the most credit for the franchises most successful years.

While what you say is true the team will be better if Lou goes bringing back some much needed help. Carrying two number ones is not the best unless one is injury prone.

Geez. Glad you guys are on the BB and not in the Nucks organization. Luongo won over 30 games last year! He brings a focus and intensity to the team that was totally lacking before his arrival. It's good to have a hot goalie but you would throw away a 30+ game winner with a $7m yearly contract that the team would have to ensure. Why? To teach defencemen what will happen if they don't do their job? Personally I would fire the defensive coach and and try to get a couple of faster skaters as well as a conditioning coach as Nucks were being beaten to the puck in all but one game. Hockey is a young mans game and the Nucks are not getting younger.

Reffing is a joke in the NHL..... I watched this game and they go from "letting them play" to calling a soft one with 3 minutes left in regulation. The players must have no idea how to play because they are always guessing what mood the ref is in. Playoffs should be no different than the first game of the regular season. They need to make it like the NFL, a flag is thrown with no questions asked whenever a violation is made regardless of who did it, what time of year it was done (pre season, season, playoffs) and what time of the game it was made.

I have noticed that the Eastern series are called with one or two penalties a game (with the exception being Pit vs Phi) while the western series are full of questionable calls.

Back