CANUCKS'- 2010

blackhawksdown.jpg

CRAPHAWKS DOWN !!!

Too funny Shawn!

Good game with lots of suspense. Hawks are in big trouble Holmsey. Hope Torres don't get crapped on too hard. Appeared a clean hit - no jumping or elbow extension that I saw - just interference as I saw it. We need Torres for the great 'board-work' he does especially if other bigger guys start taking liberties with our snipers. We don't have a heavy-weight scrapper any more.

Hope Reffing don't become an issue. Raymond has to step it up; he flutters around like a butterfly out there doing nothing. He's better than that.

Thought for sure the Hawks would take at least one game off us. This is crazy!

Hey Boys,

I know all of us are excited that we may sweap the hawks... Yeah it would be sweet pay back but really who cares.. Lets just get out of the round healthy. beside I would rather see the dagger put in at home

I played the game since I was 3 at a high enough level. IMO Torres is a dumb F---. The hit 6 months ago was clean and would be on every rockem sockem this year but it is not a clean hit now. He knows that just like every other player out there SO do not hit him then. On the selfish side though I am happy to trade Seabrook for Torres...

Oh yeah Good on you Homles you are being a good sport with all these guys on your back.

Did someone forget to tell Hossa the playoffs have started???

Holmes is only being a good sport about this because his team is near finished. If the situation were reversed, he'd have everyone's nose as deep in it as he could get. Not much pity here ;-)

Hey Boys,

I know all of us are excited that we may sweap the hawks... Yeah it would be sweet pay back but really who cares.. Lets just get out of the round healthy. beside I would rather see the dagger put in at home

I played the game since I was 3 at a high enough level. IMO Torres is a dumb F---. The hit 6 months ago was clean and would be on every rockem sockem this year but it is not a clean hit now. He knows that just like every other player out there SO do not hit him then. On the selfish side though I am happy to trade Seabrook for Torres...

Oh yeah Good on you Homles you are being a good sport with all these guys on your back.

Did someone forget to tell Hossa the playoffs have started???

Hopefully no one will hit Hossa and wake him up :)

ANNOUNCED MINUTES AGO !!!!!! news1130radio: THIS JUST IN... Vancouver #Canucks forward Raffi Torres won't be suspended for hit on Blackhawks d-man Brent Seabrook

GO CANUCKS GO !!!!!!!! IT WAS A CLEAN HIT! HOWEVER RAFFI WATCH OUT THEY WILL BE GUNNING FOR YA IN GAME 4

ANNOUNCED MINUTES AGO !!!!!! news1130radio: THIS JUST IN... Vancouver #Canucks forward Raffi Torres won't be suspended for hit on Blackhawks d-man Brent Seabrook

GO CANUCKS GO !!!!!!!! IT WAS A CLEAN HIT! HOWEVER RAFFI WATCH OUT THEY WILL BE GUNNING FOR YA IN GAME 4

if this is true, I'd be more worried about Vancouvers "TOP" line guys in next game, and even more so if game 4 does get out of reach for a Sh#%hawks comeback.

Toews didn't learn, comments like these should be kept "inside" the room...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/4888863-419/torres-public-enemy-no.-1

its funny how soon coach Q and his Sh#%hawks forget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Vz3PZw4DY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOw7PMPRXog&feature=related

I am a nucks fan so I am happy about this. The bad thing is WTF is a suspension and what is not. The league need to clairfiy things. I do agree with coach V that the hit was simular to the Getzlaf hit on Mr. smithers Hamuis.

Torred did nothing to help the team in his return to the line up if anything he hurt us. He took dumb penalties and now gave the hawks some anger in their bellies.

The best thing the nucks could do is play COHO and sit Torres a couple

The bad thing is WTF is a suspension and what is not.

Torred did nothing to help the team in his return to the line up if anything he hurt us. He took dumb penalties and now gave the hawks some anger in their bellies.

The best thing the nucks could do is play COHO and sit Torres a couple

question #1.. 100%Agreed...from what I know(which isn't much;)) the NHL sent out a dvd to all teams regarding the "new headshot/blindside rules" and what is and isn't a good hit, the area behind the net is a "danger zone" in which players NEED to know that they WILL be hit, and that they must be aware,heads up when going behind the net...i.e Seabrook said he knew Torres was there but "thought he was behind me"...doh! in that area don't assume ANYTHING!....

point #2...IMO...Torres was a big PLUS to the Canucks game,took some pressure off other team mates to make the big hits,ie Edler,Errhoff,and he has a job to do,
I'm not a betting man but I would take a bet that there's not 1 coach, GM,player in the NHL that would say any different if he was on THEIR team rite now...just look at Sh#%hawks from last year with guys like Eager,Lad,Buffoon, ect,...
dumb penalties are all how you look at the game,and how it's being called:rolleyes:

point #3...NEVER going to happen.....why do you think coach Q and the whole of the hawks are whining(not winning;)) its so that Kane,Towes,Seabrook,Keith,ect.ect. wouldn't have to worry about where/when he is on the ice....

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL I know is im going to be eating like a king complements of Mr holmes!!!!!!! I know its not the outcome he wanted but im sure ill make a new friend and YES ill invite him down to go fishing anyways but hes going to have to chip in on the gas money LOL LOL so you see its a win/win......

OH and BTW I put a canucks flag off my attenna at the start of all this so he will have to ACCEPT it the way it is LOL LOL

WOLF

I'm still not hearing the Fat Lady, so until someone informs me different, I will assume it takes four games to win a series. Don't put your nappy in your lap quite yet wolf.;) eman

ALL I know is im going to be eating like a king complements of Mr holmes!!!!!!! I know its not the outcome he wanted but im sure ill make a new friend and YES ill invite him down to go fishing anyways but hes going to have to chip in on the gas money LOL LOL so you see its a win/win......

OH and BTW I put a canucks flag off my attenna at the start of all this so he will have to ACCEPT it the way it is LOL LOL

WOLF

here King, here King.....(dog named King,get it):Djust kidding holmes:D....but if the Canucks win 4 games to go to next round, I'm sure from what everyone has to say regarding his cooking that you will be treated to a FEAST and we will all be just a tad bit jealous....

p.s. don't take that flag down:):cool:

It was a fine hit, seabrook has his head down, you are taught in bantam as a d man when you go behind the net to have your head up and on a swivel. Torres stopped skating and glided in from the faceoff dot. Pure north south hit, clean, shoulder to head hits aren't illegal defined by nhl unless they are blindside, and this was not blindside.

It was a fine hit, seabrook has his head down, you are taught in bantam as a d man when you go behind the net to have your head up and on a swivel. Torres stopped skating and glided in from the faceoff dot. Pure north south hit, clean, shoulder to head hits aren't illegal defined by nhl unless they are blindside, and this was not blindside.

Fully agree SG.....Seabrook thought Raffi was behind him...... Well he was wrong

[rjR5K_Fb6r4] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjR5K_Fb6r4&feature=fvst

All I an say is if Seabrook wasn't such a tough Western Canadian boy and layed on the ice for 5 minutes it would have been a suspension for sure.

No matter how you look at it, it as a blind side head shot.

I love all the "John Garrett" Canucks fans though, it's funny.

It wasn't an illegal hit, end of story really Juande. If you take that kind of hit out of the game, the NHL would lose a physical aspect that makes it so fun to watch, no one wants the No Hit League...have to have big hits! Body was towards Torres, seabrook was looking behind him, thats just like skating up the ice and you get a pass in your skates and look for it behind you then get nailed, it's your own fault!!

VD7o0.jpg

Back