Campion Questions

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but have been "lurking" for a while. Lots of great info, thanks to everyone.

I've had a Campion (190 Fishing Machine- centre console) since 1997 and really like everything about it. I am getting to the point where I'd like a cuddy and a little more cover. I have had my eye on the 190's bigger brother the 215 or 622 walkaround. I really like the "walkability" of my centre console and think these larger boats would suit my purposes.

I'm looking for info from current/past owners of the 215 or 622 models. I am aware of some of the instances where there have been issues with green stringers and some inferior hardware used during manufacture. I'd really like to hear about performance, durability and ergonomic aspects relating to these boats.

My current boat has a 150 Yamaha and I have been very impressed. I don't think I could go the I/O route.

Also, if anyone has one for sale, let me know.

Thanks for any input.

L E O

I had a 215 fishing machine that busted open after using it for 6 months of guiding. Upon taking it apart (Removing the deck for repairs), under all the nice shiny glass and what looks like good use of space is a very poorly built boat. And a recent guest of mine knows someone who works at an Island Campion dealership says lots of them are going back for cracks and such.

There are lots of them out there bobbinhg around, but for the money you'd spend on one, I would want something a little more substantial between me and Davey Jones's locker. I'll happily email you some picks of what the guts of a 215 look like, if you know much about fiberglass construction, and how it's done, you'd feel like Mike Holmes!

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

I agree with Last Chance..Campion is Canadian for Bayliner.

Thanks for the input. My boat is a 1990 and it has had a few rough days, but I have never had any problems other than a few small stress cracks on the floor. It has been gargage kept it's whole life and I do keep it well maintained.

Yes, as a matter of curiosity, I'd like to see those pics. E-mail me at leo59@telus.net

Thanks again.

L E O

Back