Campion Boats

comoxboy

I am looking at buying a Campion boat, a 622 Explorer thats up for sale, for fishing and day boating.
I know nothing about this model of boat, is it a decent boat for what I want?

I am looking at buying a Campion boat, a 622 Explorer thats up for sale, for fishing and day boating.
My friend has one.. great size for that. How many people do you plan on going with. Seating can sometimes be compromised depending on the year. The newer ones typically have 2 dedicated seats then a small seat right along the transom.

Short answer yes ,
Hope its in excellent shape for.you, good luck with your search/ purchase

Depending on the year. Campion had some rot issues. I think specifically they’re decks? I ran a 1988 version of this boat and it had deck rot. A good survey will help with this

I had a Campion 682 Explorer , having owned several manufacturers over the years I would say the Campion are a mid range quality boat , given that’s the boat you are looking at is a 2019 you should have no water ingress issues. Keep up with a good maintenance program and you will be good for many years .

I had a Campion 682 Explorer , having owned several manufacturers over the years I would say the Campion are a mid range quality boat , given that’s the boat you are looking at is a 2019 you should have no water ingress issues. Keep up with a good maintenance program and you will be good for many years .
Thanks for all of the comments, greatly appreciated. Thats why I love this BC forum so well, its real boaters, not someone trying to sell, thanks!

I had a 215 Victoria and a 622 Explorer (same boat) for many years. Mostly fished WCVI. If you tell us the engine size and type ( inboard/ outboard), I can probably give you a bit of info.

I had a 215 Victoria and a 622 Explorer (same boat) for many years. Mostly fished WCVI. If you tell us the engine size and type ( inboard/ outboard), I can probably give you a bit of info.
It
It has a 200hp Yamaha outboard and a 9.9 Yamaha kicker.

I had a 2000 542 Campion for 10 years, it is a great hull, I’m sure the 622 is even better. I only upgraded to a Grady because the family got older and bigger with grandchildren.

It

It has a 200hp Yamaha outboard and a 9.9 Yamaha kicker.
My 215 Victoria was a 4.3L inboard and my 622 was a 200 Yamaha V6 on a pod. I preferred the outboard and the 200 worked well on that boat but I would not have wanted any less. With more than 3 adults on board the boat felt sluggish on take-off. It’s stern heavy (as is common with fishing boats of that size) so I highly recommend a good four blade prop to help launch it out of the hole and hold it on plane at reasonably low RPM. The hull works quite well in lumpy water for a 20.5’ boat but obviously it’s a near shore boat. It won’t handle the water like a Grady but it’s lighter and burns far less fuel. Campion, in my opinion, is a good mid level quality boat. The 622 cuddy is a good size and I liked the boats layout except for the passenger side seating. After selling my 622, I bought and still have a 682 so I’m obviously satisfied with the brand. I’ve never had any structural issues with any of my Campion boats and have fished all of them up to 25 miles offshore Bamfield. If the 622 is sized right for you, I say go for it and enjoy. I enjoyed mine.

My 215 Victoria was a 4.3L inboard and my 622 was a 200 Yamaha V6 on a pod. I preferred the outboard and the 200 worked well on that boat but I would not have wanted any less. With more than 3 adults on board the boat felt sluggish on take-off. It’s stern heavy (as is common with fishing boats of that size) so I highly recommend a good four blade prop to help launch it out of the hole and hold it on plane at reasonably low RPM. The hull works quite well in lumpy water for a 20.5’ boat but obviously it’s a near shore boat. It won’t handle the water like a Grady but it’s lighter and burns far less fuel. Campion, in my opinion, is a good mid level quality boat. The 622 cuddy is a good size and I liked the boats layout except for the passenger side seating. After selling my 622, I bought and still have a 682 so I’m obviously satisfied with the brand. I’ve never had any structural issues with any of my Campion boats and have fished all of them up to 25 miles offshore Bamfield. If the 622 is sized right for you, I say go for it and enjoy. I enjoyed mine.
Good testimonial.

I had one. I didn’t mind it but I do think there are better options out there . The way the console is built , it doesn’t provide any wind block from the sides. It’s almost like a center console. I had a fuel tank leak at 200 hours on the boat. Not a huge deal and things happen but they don’t have a hatch in the deck to access the tank so it turned into a bigger job. They aren’t bad boats but those things bothered me.

Back