Campbellriver Fishing

Pretty good early morning bite today, landed 2 on our first drift, pretty slow the rest of day, couple of undersized, and one lost. anywhere under 200' of water guaranteed hookup of a pacific cod.

Spring were caught on purple haze flasher, blue meanie @ 200' in 250+ feet of water.

Pretty good early morning bite today, landed 2 on our first drift, pretty slow the rest of day, couple of undersized, and one lost. anywhere under 200' of water guaranteed hookup of a pacific cod.

Spring were caught on purple haze flasher, blue meanie @ 200' in 250+ feet of water.

any updates guys???? thinking of heading out with a buddy for a night fish this week, weather depending....

I heard Browns Bay is starting to see a few more fish, otherwise the hump seems to be producing as it usually does, put in a day, get 1 or 2.

hmmm yea we ended up goin out for less than 2 hours today. tons of cod/bottom fish. hit 1 spring lookd like low to mid 20's but a seal took it. man were we choked haha oh well

Seals have been out 'en force recently. 'Bout ready for those transient orca to head back our way for a few days.
Either that or we can always hope a few die of that rare lead poisoning disease some get. :D

I just found out I have won a trip to Painters Lodge through my work from July 19 to 23, I haven't fished this area much so was just wondering if the first light bite is a good bet or do you fish the slack tides? Also any inside scoop on the name of the best guide there would be great, as I would like to take the opportunity to learn from a pro as I have never had a guide before.

I know of two decent fish from there one just over 30lbs one just under, but also a 35lber came from near the hump today.
Overall fishing is slower than it has been, but if you put your time in and know what your doing there is still some fish to be had.

Sounds good Fisher Dude, we'll have to have a cold one.(or 12) Really looking forward to the trip. When I get back from Painters, I'll be packing my boat for Nootka Sound the next weekend, love this time of year. Good Luck on your trip.

Kelly

quote:Originally posted by Haze

Anybody know where the fishes went?

heard browns bay is probably your best bet but i dont think its been fantastic anywhere... pinks are in the river now too

Sure the hell werent at Browns Bay tonight!!!

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

There's been near a dozen resident (fish eater) Orca's going back and forth and back and forth, rinse repeat up near the Chattum, Greensea, Thirstin and Hall area. Don't know how many fish are making it past them.

Hopefully there will be some fish rolling through there next week!

And as for the beer drinkin SeaMorgan, I'll have to hold you to that! Swap some stories. We get back on the 24th and leave the next day for BellaCoola for 10 days. I've never taken 2 weeks off work so I'm pretty stoked!!

Going out with a buddy this weekend, hes never caught a salmon before so I would really like to see him hook into something. Where should we go. Whales at greensea, lighthouse is closed, browns bay is not alot better. What do you think is the best bet is.

quote:Originally posted by salt shaker

Going out with a buddy this weekend, hes never caught a salmon before so I would really like to see him hook into something. Where should we go. Whales at greensea, lighthouse is closed, browns bay is not alot better. What do you think is the best bet is.
t

Maybe I'm reading the regs wrong but what I see is a "Finfish Closure (Cape Mudge) from July 15 to Aug 31. To me that means no fishing, period.

"Those waters inside a line from the float at the Cape Mudge Indian Village on Quadra Island at 50' 01.393 N X 125' 11.805 W thence true west at 270' for one nautical mile to a point at 50' 01.391 N X 125' 13.360 W, thence southeast 1600 true to a point at 49' 58.260 N X 125' 11.616 W, this being the intersection of a line drawn from the fishing boundary sign on Willow Point on the VI shore at 49' 58.008 N X 125' 12.489 W to the Red Can Buoy light off Wilby Shoals, Discovery Passage at 49' 58.969 N X 125' 09.156 W, thence to the Cape Mudge light on Quadra Island at 49' 59.913 N X 125' 11.736 W are closed to fishing for all finfish July 15 to August 31. Map Listed 25/06/2010 FN0471"

I believe Clipper is right no fishing PERIOD inside the closed area.
Here is a photo of the closed area.

closedarea.jpg

Back