Campbell river 2013.

Good Luck HT.

We did very well at Twin Islands a couple of weeks ago. Very few berries, 1%.
Let us know how it goes!

Gong Show

No prawns at san fran pt. caught a nice teener out by the light house. Beauti day out there. Lots of wood floating around, got snagged up in a log jam, was too busy watching rods not paying attention to the bow. Lol. Good thing i have fish to take home.

whent out to fransisco pt north of the prawn closure ... had enuph bugs for 1 meal. funny thing, one of my traps got chewed to pieces . i had fish guts in the trap and a salmon head. salmon head was not touched guts and salmon back were gone. would a large octopus or seal eat through a trap? traps were sitting 455 ft of water. there were 2 commies dragging the bottom at fransisco in deep water . wtf? btw.. is ling cod and halibut closed in the campbell area?
cant find any info on regs..

another note.. pacific playgrounds channel is the *****! came back on a 7 ft tide .. barely made it in ... a 5 ft tide and my 18ft boat would get stuck!
they need to dredge!!

whent out to fransisco pt north of the prawn closure ... had enuph bugs for 1 meal. funny thing, one of my traps got chewed to pieces . i had fish guts in the trap and a salmon head. salmon head was not touched guts and salmon back were gone. would a large octopus or seal eat through a trap? traps were sitting 455 ft of water. there were 2 commies dragging the bottom at fransisco in deep water . wtf? btw.. is ling cod and halibut closed in the campbell area?
cant find any info on regs..
read the regs man.... IT'S CLOSED

Beauty day at shelter point. Lots of boats and the police were out checking boats.
picked up a nice spring 13 lb (marble). Prawned north of fransisco and did really well.

Fished shelter point and the hump.
Lots of bait down at 200 -300 ft.
Lots pf boats today at the hump.
I got nada for my efforts. Saw a few boats land some nice springs. Fished 1-4.
Lots of weeds out there.

Both my Gal and I needed a break from our reality (daily grind) so we packed up and headed off for the weekend. We stopped at our old favorite campground north of Brown's Bay, set up camp, baited up the crab pots, and launched the old Tinnie. My Gal was smiling instantly as soon as the yammie bit hard to push us up onto a plane. Behind us reality blurred and with the pots soaking for a couple of hours we fished hard.

Wow, big tides made our pursuit for some bottom fish especially challenging, one I relished with great joy. My fishing gal and I were skunked repeatedly as the the strong tides resulted in only quick nibbles. Finally, she sunk the hook firmily into a dandy Copper Rockcod enough for our dinner. One more pass into a deep hole produced a splendided Red Snapper. We looked at each other and smiled, we were done for the day.
Quick stop at the crab pots had us smiling even more, yup crab de jour was on the menu tonight. Pulling the boat out for the night, I called over to a fellow camper and shared some our crab bounty with him and his girlfriend. As they were from tourist from Holland they were pleased to try some of the Canada's seafood.

The next day was a late start on the water with a quick trip back to the campsite to off load some more crab which we shared with some other campers from down Island. Back out to a new location to bottom fish again. Yeah, an earlier start would have us fishing slack tide, but instead we enticed 2 nice lings to accompany us back to shore after several hours on the water.... Yup, fish de jour was indeed tasty.

We stayed up late.... and crashed at 8:30 pm. Fishing and fresh air had us bagged, so we never heard the fellow campers partying late into the night. Next day was slower paced with no boating, just cooking up the crab to take home, a delicious breakfast, a walk on the beach, a wiener roast, and packing up to go home.

Once home we started to unpack when friends stopped to chat and left with a freshly cooked crab to snack on. A quick phone call to our friends down the block and they came by to pick us some red snapper and crab for their dinner the following day.

Our seafood bounty is almost gone, but we were thanked by one and all. Sadly tomorrow's reality will bite us equally as hard as our Yammie's prop bites the water.... but we had fun

Cheers:D

Both my Gal and I needed a break from our reality (daily grind) so we packed up and headed off for the weekend. We stopped at our old favorite campground north of Brown's Bay, set up camp, baited up the crab pots, and launched the old Tinnie. My Gal was smiling instantly as soon as the yammie bit hard to push us up onto a plane. Behind us reality blurred and with the pots soaking for a couple of hours we fished hard.

Wow, big tides made our pursuit for some bottom fish especially challenging, one I relished with great joy. My fishing gal and I were skunked repeatedly as the the strong tides resulted in only quick nibbles. Finally, she sunk the hook firmily into a dandy Copper Rockcod enough for our dinner. One more pass into a deep hole produced a splendided Red Snapper. We looked at each other and smiled, we were done for the day.
Quick stop at the crab pots had us smiling even more, yup crab de jour was on the menu tonight. Pulling the boat out for the night, I called over to a fellow camper and shared some our crab bounty with him and his girlfriend. As they were from tourist from Holland they were pleased to try some of the Canada's seafood.

The next day was a late start on the water with a quick trip back to the campsite to off load some more crab which we shared with some other campers from down Island. Back out to a new location to bottom fish again. Yeah, an earlier start would have us fishing slack tide, but instead we enticed 2 nice lings to accompany us back to shore after several hours on the water.... Yup, fish de jour was indeed tasty.

We stayed up late.... and crashed at 8:30 pm. Fishing and fresh air had us bagged, so we never heard the fellow campers partying late into the night. Next day was slower paced with no boating, just cooking up the crab to take home, a delicious breakfast, a walk on the beach, a wiener roast, and packing up to go home.

Once home we started to unpack when friends stopped to chat and left with a freshly cooked crab to snack on. A quick phone call to our friends down the block and they came by to pick us some red snapper and crab for their dinner the following day.

Our seafood bounty is almost gone, but we were thanked by one and all. Sadly tomorrow's reality will bite us equally as hard as our Yammie's prop bites the water.... but we had fun

Cheers:D

Great report man. I love the seafood fests while on an outing. Great experience for the folks from Holland.

Out at the hump yesterday, boated a 21lb white spring. Beauty first fish of the season for my friend who took me out. caught on an army truck hootchie at 175'. A few other small hits but with a 21lber in the boat we were very happy, Awesome trip

Hey great weekend fished Toba. A 32, 28, 24, and a couple of 10's. Funny derby up the coast and the fishing is on fire out front. Heard of a 40+ caught at Grant Reefs. Wow

charlie or someone else, where exactly is Toba in relationship to campbell river? Or grant reefs for that matter?

Fished the hump at lunch time on the flood today. Caught a 15# Chinook, and was really lucky
to get it in the boat. Tide was running pretty hard, and somehow my line got around
my down rigger line, good thing I was using braid on both my rigger and my reel.

First time out in the old whaler this year, and I am very pleased that both motors ran well.

B22,

Toba, is Toba Inlet....he was probably fishing the mouth of Waddington Channel, or across from there at the Beach...Grants, is Grants Reef, which is about 10 kn miles off Kitty Coleman, sort of between Savary Island, and Harwood Island.

Hope this helps....

FishWish

Back