Cabo Charters

were heading down as well , staying at the Riu dt Cabo San Lucas ,10 days
gonna take Michael out for a day or 2 on a panga , calmer inshore stuff , looks fun...
last outting not so pleasant on the open water , pretty rough the whole trip , even our 36 offshore ,
dont want ta freak the little guy out , may send ya a message Fishtofino ,
need ta figure out fastest easiest way to del cabo in the am ,

lots of good info here , ..............

http://gordobanks.com/category/fish-reports/

felix
Message away Felix.

tha

thanks for all that , will be my 5th time ta cabo , never been to san jose del cabo yet , glad its only 30 min ,
thought it was further , might rent a car for 3 days , few other places id like ta take the fam ,
gonna do a bit of homework before i book anyone , 5 am aint gonna happen lol

fd
If you reserve your car online now, it'll cost you less than booking it from the hotel. It takes me 30 minutes because I know the way. If you're new to the area, it might take you a few more minutes. Have a navigation system & you should be fine. I just realized you're going in Feb/March, so sunrise will be different. You should arrive at the marine just before dawn. I think in Feb/March, sunrise is about 6:30-7 a.m., so you can sleep in a little. If you get your fishing license online at www.bajasursportfishing.com, you'll save some time. If you go up to Todos Santos, plan a stop at Cerritos Beach for some boogie boarding/surfing and a beach you can actually swim (unlike Medano Beach in front of the Riu), restaurant & bar and shop to rent boards, etc. Good fishing!!

If you're going to rent a car, do yourself a favor and get ahold of Antonio at Cactus asap.
He will treat you good and fair.

thanks Shawn
will make some calls and emails this week ,
yes , always better online for reservations and bookings ,
we travel yearly ,

fd
I'm heading to Cabo San Lucas for 10 days starting March 1st. Based on my research it's not prime time for fishing but I'm hoping to book a couple full day charters and was hoping to get some recommendations from the saltwater forum folks.
I'm just a working stiff so the pockets aren't too deep but hopefully I'll be fishing with two others that can share the cost with me.
I'm thinking somewhere around $650 CDN max. for an 8 hour charter.
Any help would be appreciated!

I'm heading to Cabo San Lucas for 10 days starting March 1st. Based on my research it's not prime time for fishing but I'm hoping to book a couple full day charters and was hoping to get some recommendations from the saltwater forum folks.
I'm just a working stiff so the pockets aren't too deep but hopefully I'll be fishing with two others that can share the cost with me.
I'm thinking somewhere around $650 CDN max. for an 8 hour charter.
Any help would be appreciated!

Have fished Cabo pretty extensively most months of the year. March is not prime season down there but in saying that there is still fish to be caught. March can yield decent striped marlin bites offshore, I also like to mix in some inshore fishing while I’m down there, and March can see some decent yellowtail bites and a mixed bad of small rooster , jacks , and cubera , rock and Colorado snapper ( all referred to as pargo) . For something around 650 I would look up the picses fleet, they are always bringing fish back to the dock and they have a large fleet. Another option is to call and fish with renegade mike tumbiero. He runs a Bertram outfitted with all the latest okuma gear. His charters are not for everyone, hardcore fishing with lots of tough love while the fight is on, but he is one of the best captains in Cabo. I leave for Cabo this up coming Saturday , we have the a Cabo 45 express “ picante “ booked for 4 days, can’t wait and will report when back.

Im heading down to Cabo next week and want to charter a boat for a few days. Any recommendations for a good captain by anybody? I did a search on here but can't seem to find much for topics in the last few years. Thanks in advance guys for any tips!
Lucky! And I’m not just talking about your profile pic.

I was down in cabo again through the holidays
Fished two days
Totaled around 560lbs of tuna
Fished the kite mostly

Put another client on the same boat a few dats later and he had a huge first day
Almost 700lbs of tuna
Lots of fish in the 80-100lb range

Second day they released 9 stripe marlin

Cabo can be a real gem but make sure you book with a reputable crew that will go the “distance “ for your group.

There are many good charters in Cabo and lots of mediocre ones. The price is not always your best friend. You will get what you pay for.
We had 51 Marlin one day and over 60 Tuna another day. Had to tell the captain we've had enough and it's time to go in.
Friends on another boat went in with nothing one day when there Captain said, the Tuna are just starting to bite but times up, we're heading in.

There are many good charters in Cabo and lots of mediocre ones. The price is not always your best friend. You will get what you pay for.
We had 51 Marlin one day and over 60 Tuna another day. Had to tell the captain we've had enough and it's time to go in.
Friends on another boat went in with nothing one day when there Captain said, the Tuna are just starting to bite but times up, we're heading in.
what charter did you use Bod?

post some pics from your trip Ken
ssen a few pics on FB , looks like a great trip ,
I'm not very good about posting pictures up here. You can go to Tag Cabo Sportfishing Facebook page and see what we do.
I'm not trying to promote them so much as I want people to know what it takes to catch fish in Cabo. I here it so many times from people that say they have been there a bunch of times and never caught a Marlin, well Marlin are easy to catch if you go to where the Marlin are and fish for Marlin. There's nothing cooler than throwing bait on a wide open Marlin bite. We went 60+ mile to the finger bank. 42 foot boat. 9 people plus 2 captains and a deckhand. $2200.00 plus tip. We stopped at 51 Marlin and a big Sailfish. About 4 hours of fishing. Could of had 75 Marlin. Worth ever penny but most guys don't have a bunch of friends hanging around to share the boat.
I guess what I'm getting at is ask your captain (don't book with your hotel or some guy on the sidewalk) what it takes to go catch what you want and go from there.

Yeah that Finger Bank can be incredible. It’s important to hire a boat that will run to where the fish are, for tuna too.

I was down in cabo again through the holidays
Fished two days
Totaled around 560lbs of tuna
Fished the kite mostly

Put another client on the same boat a few dats later and he had a huge first day
Almost 700lbs of tuna
Lots of fish in the 80-100lb range

Second day they released 9 stripe marlin

Cabo can be a real gem but make sure you book with a reputable crew that will go the “distance “ for your group.
what charter did you book with Richmake?

I've fished a fair bit with Lands End charters. Awesome guys to deal with. Decent boats good quality gear, knowledgeable captains. And if you Sweet talk Jenny in the office she'll give some pretty good multi day discounts The wife and I were getting 9 hour private boat all inclusive for $500 us a day. Tell her I sent you.

Word of caution,be careful who you give your credit card to,to book things.Last time down there someone charged over $3K on my Visa a week after I left.The only people that I used the card for was my hotel and car rental.Visa covered my loss.I also had a gas station try to rip me off when I filled my rental car to return it.I don't think this is typical,I just got unlucky that trip,but be careful.

Last edited:
I've fished a fair bit with Lands End charters. Awesome guys to deal with. Decent boats good quality gear, knowledgeable captains. And if you Sweet talk Jenny in the office she'll give some pretty good multi day discounts The wife and I were getting 9 hour private boat all inclusive for $500 us a day. Tell her I sent you.
thanks Lindsay!
I'll check them out

Back