Bump, bump, BANG!

Foxsea

Heading to Heriot Bay a couple of weeks ago, we saw a fair bit of wood in the water, near Mittelnatch Island. I guess the big tides pulled it off the beaches. My spotter was doing a great job and we thought we were in the clear. Nope. The impact of a big deadhead took the drive off. C-Tow did a great job of getting us back to Comox. Luckily it was a gorgeous, calm day. My subscription paid off in spades!

Now I'm dealing with the Adjuster and have the boat sitting in a Campbell River shop. Everyone is short-staffed and busy so my boating season is over. My 20-20 hindsight is that I should have stayed at 8 mph all the way to Rebecca Spit, pretending that I was on a sailboat or a trawler. 😂

Attachments

• 20230815_110701.jpg
    20230815_110701.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 190
the junk in the water a few weeks back around CR was absolutely terrible. us locals used to have beach fires all summer long. with all the fire bans the beaches are just loaded with wood and a big tide just sets up the minefield…

Brutal. Glad that everyone is safe and no hole in the back of the boat.
Me too! The transom assembly held up. The gimbal ring looks like a pretzel! The drive is a write-off - filled with sea water.

Back