Bullfrogs

Frogzilla....

Says in the article he let it go because he didn't know it was an invasive specie........

The hovering dandelion on a hook works good. Putting them on the railway tracks with pennies and Richmond ditch catfish seemed like fun times 40 years ago.

let me just grab my straw hat n giggin boots.....oh wait it's fishing season... wonder if he ate it?

Frog Legs are awesome! I remember as a kid, mom and dad telling us to go get dinner. We had wood boxes with a rubber flap on the top and screen sides. We would just wander the lake shore and grab the frogs and put them in the boxes.
When we got home it was frog cleanin time! We had a great way to do this and it was easy. I remember a mound of Frog legs on the table. MMMMMMMMmmm!:cool:

Frog Legs are awesome! I remember as a kid, mom and dad telling us to go get dinner. We had wood boxes with a rubber flap on the top and screen sides. We would just wander the lake shore and grab the frogs and put them in the boxes.
When we got home it was frog cleanin time! We had a great way to do this and it was easy. I remember a mound of Frog legs on the table. MMMMMMMMmmm!:cool:
My best frog giggin was from an air boat in the Florida everglades. Cooler full of beer, head lamps and a ten foot giggin pole. Nothin better than a feed of frog legs followed by deep fried gator bits.

Uh....it's halfway in between the angler and the camera.....thought fisherman would have this photo trick figured out by now...lol.
It doesn't matter how close it was to the camera it's still frogzilla in the bullfrog world.

My best frog giggin was from an air boat in the Florida everglades. Cooler full of beer, head lamps and a ten foot giggin pole. Nothin better than a feed of frog legs followed by deep fried gator bits.

I went there.. I had so much fun. Frog's legs and Gator's tail are so good. taste like a chicken.

A fly on the end of a stiff pole works, and you do not need to pinch the barb.

It doesn't matter how close it was to the camera it's still frogzilla in the bullfrog world.

It's a very average size American bullfrog(Lithobates catesbeianus), the details the angler gave are greatly exaggerated.
3 pounds ? 2 feet long ?, lol. They only get about half that size.

^ I agree, for him to hold a three pound dead weight suspended on his rod, his rod would be in serious danger of breakage. Unless the rod is particularly heavy, which is doesn't appear to be, I would not think that he would be able to hold the rod in the way that he was.

Kunni

I can hold a 3 pound weight up in the air on my gimpy 6ft trout rod easy.....

You can't see the top of his rod....but the rod looks pretty skookum at where it joins the handle.....a lot thicker in diameter than mine.

And the frog doesn't look like it's very far out ahead of him (which would make it look bigger if it was).

I don't think the pic is photoshopped....but you're right...they aren't supposed to grow anywhere near that big....so I don't know how he got the shot....

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe his fishing rod is cheap and not high quality fishing rod.

I have been research about the largest bullfrog at 8" weight about 3 lbs..

This picture might be fake. It looks bigger than 8" It looks like about 10- 12" without legs.

Probably its a new world record or not.

guaranteed it is real - know the pond and the folk in the pic... dont waste your time debating whether it is real, or too close to the camera or not, I can take you to the pond and you can see for yourself!

Seriously!!! It's a GD bullfrog. I'm sure the guy did not spend any time rigging his "hero shot" to impress us with his frog catching ability. So, no pictures it didn't happen. With picture, it may have happened because it could have been photo shopped or taken from a deceptive angle. Banger 17 I'll take you up on your offer.

Back