Brutus Maxtorque problem

Adler

Out prawning this weekend and when pulling last set today, the Brutus Maxtorque, only about 16 months old, gave up on pulling the traps. With no weight, it turns, but add weight, and it simply stops turning. Same unit blew the fuse yesterday. Replaced with a 35 amp fuse, don't have the 40 amp fuse that is recommended for newer units (?), and we are in the middle of nowhere. But think the issue is the motor. Aside from calling Ace in the morning, anyone else had this problem and have any suggestions?

Out prawning this weekend and when pulling last set today, the Brutus Maxtorque, only about 16 months old, gave up on pulling the traps. With no weight, it turns, but add weight, and it simply stops turning. Same unit blew the fuse yesterday. Replaced with a 35 amp fuse, don't have the 40 amp fuse that is recommended for newer units (?), and we are in the middle of nowhere. But think the issue is the motor. Aside from calling Ace in the morning, anyone else had this problem and have any suggestions?
Where are you? I have a spare gear reduction unit in comox

They sent me a brand new unit after sending me a new gearbox the first time. Kind of frustrating to have to deal with it all twice but can't complain about the service. No questions asked. Great company that made a bad business choice with a run of their product it seems. Just make sure you're getting the newest model motor and gears.

Back