brake actuator ?

candrive55

Hey guys about to replace my dual axel trailer brakes with some kodiaks and was wondering what people are using for there brake actuator

When I installed disc brakes, I used the actuator that was for my drums but I had to disassemble the master cylinder and remove a check valve. I read how to do it on the web but have no idea where at. It saved me a bunch $$$ and worked great.

I have just picked up my trailer from Burnaby Hitch after having Kodiak disc brakes installed. I added a Acti Brake actuator .In addition I had them rerplace the springs and both axles.Complete new running gear. Interesting to find out that the factory installed brake controller in my F-350 Super Duty would not power the actuator. This is the case with GM and Dodge as well. Be sure that your controller will power the actuator!!!!

Is it is a Carlisle electric over hydronic, there is a converter box that has to be installed on the trailer to work with factory GM, Ford brake actuators.

i have a dexter pump and had a prodigy actuator installed which don't work all that well together. There is a lengthy delay from the time I apply the brakes to when the kick in. My GM factory brake controller won't work on triple axle trailers, not enough amps or something but there is a way to trick it into bumping up the amps. Google the Diesel Place and search actuator or ITBC and there is lots of information. Good luck

Back