Bow to stern line

wavetamer

making a few upgrades to my hali anchor system. What are most using on the bow to stern line as a slider. was think of this.
thoughts ideas? carabiner.jpg

if you really want a actual “locking” biner get one where you just pull the collar back not the threaded type. Would take to long to mess with if you get into the ****.

the one you posted would work fine though. That is what I use.

im thinking the one I posted also , easy to clip and unclip. was looking at putting a safety in my bow to stern line but don't really want anything metal beating on the side of my glass boat when not in use

Use one on bow but just tie off to rear cleat , dont wont to mess with a clip when I NEED to untie , easier to un tie IMHO

I use a caribiner as shown then a granny knot/crab float/knot then anchor line so that I can find and rehook it up to my bow/stern line if I have to release for any reason.

Are you talking just the rope from bow to stern about 20 ft long that you attach anchor system too .. I am assuming that ?
if thats the case all you need is Trev at trotac or anyone make you up that rope with a big "lazy eye" mines about a foot long goes thru the bow eye then pass the line tru then attach where ever I do mine mid ship on my vessel if you put that latch thing thru the bow eye it will smack the **** out of your boat making marks in waves etc

Back